Kackarot58

Bad Version - Server Rejected the Connection

38 minutes ago, Clint Baldwin said:

How do I update this? Steam is not updating my Server?

Where do you have the server running? On your steam machine? On a vps? On a dedicated machine at your home? If the latter 2 you can try update it using cmd and your steam login, if not you will have to do it manually.

When you start your dayz does it offer to update?, it should offer to update both your client and server files

You could also right click on your dayz in steam and verify files, this may force the update to latest version.

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS

5 minutes ago, Clint Baldwin said:

Dedicated VM at home

You will have to manually update the files yourself,... same way you put them on your server the first time just take out the files like edited configs etc... and overwrite the rest.

27 minutes ago, Clint Baldwin said:

I did it and its back up. Is there any easier way than that? Is steamcmd

easier?

It maybe but the devs havnt set the files to be downloaded anonymously yet, besides using cmd may overwrite all files including mods and configs unless we can select only the files to download to achieve the updated versions, and what mods will need to be redone etc... using the updated files, Doing it manually ensures at least your edited configs dont get overwritten, PITA but easier than rewriting the configs and settings IMHO.

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS

You can use batch files to automate the updates, including shutting down the server automatically at night time, meaning you don't have downtime for anyone playing on the server.