Prvt_pilezz

Bullet registration

Blank bullets worse than ever. What ever gun i use as soon as i change a clip or sometimes when i have put the 1st clip in i get nothing. Since this last update its got worse and there is no point even having a gun. All im left to do is loot for food and drink, no fighting. I feel as if i now have to avoid all contact because i can even shoot back with dead guns. This game is unplayable for me till thats sorted. All the other bugs isnt a big deal to me but the blank bullet bs just does it for me so im done till that is addressed. please any work arounds for this please tell me.  

I never use Y to quick reload guns. Go to the inventory and remove the magazine from there. Then combine the magazine with the B button. If the bullets still don't register, remove all the rounds from the magazine and then reload them. This has worked me.

EDIT: Some guns get glitched. They have a magazine in them but do not show it. I have yet to find a way to fix these and just drop them if it happens.

Edited by Pullinga Willson

I'm going to guess you hold LT and Y? To reload? 

I tested this today on an M4, AKM and IJ70. All had about the same results.

M4: LT+Y glitched me. Y worked fine. Manually ejecting mag, and combining with new mag worked fine.

AKM: LT+Y, Y, and manual eject/reload all worked fine.

IJ70: LT+Y glitched, Y worked, Manual Worked.

By glitched I mean fired blanks. But it did resolve itself after I swapped mags again. I shot zombies and they registered shots.

I'm going to guess you found out shooting zombies and not players? If you think your gun is bugged, which has happened to me when I had an invisible mag. Couldn't do anything with it, I had to drop the gun entirely.

Sounds easier than it is I know, but just drop the gun that is glitched find a new one, and avoid LT+Y to reload.

Yeah ive done both hold Lt and y and the then y alone on a different guns. As soon as a gun glitches either bullet reg or unable to load a mag in the gun i drop and get a new one. Mosin i load bullets and blanks straight away. With the handgun 45 sorry cant remember the name but i shot a couple shots into a zombie and worked fine put gun away used ak which didnt work so got the 45 out again didnt reload didnt change anything didnt put anything new onto it and it was glitched. The phantom mag in gun bug doesnt really happen to me so it just the blank bullets bug. I shall try all suggestions once more on new guns and see what happens, i shall return with results 

You can also quick slot mags and just highlight the mag press b it will reload that mag just have to re slot them once you use the mag

Played 45 hours on console, dropping the mag looking at it and pressing RT to load it seems to be the way of loading a magazine that doesnt work the least amount of the time. Most recent update 9/19 it has worked everytime, other methods have not worked a lot more of the time. And you should so this everytime you log in even if your gun is already loaded. Your bullets also sometimes shoot on your screen but not in the server, test on zombies or ask friends if they hear your gun

Never pull left trigger and Y that's what glitches guns. It actually fires the gun ingame aswell. You won't hear it but other players will. I just use Y and occasionally a mag will decide it doesn't want to come out and I'll micromanage it out and tap Y again. I've got hundreds of hours ingame already and since the last update haven't had a single gun glitch. When joining server switch mags with Just Y for all guns ,switch to full auto & render scopes in before starting your journey and you'll always be fine.