luomubanaani

0.63 server and disabling BattlEye

Hi,

first of all, huge thanks for publishing the 0.63 server files!
Would it be possible to allow disabling the BattlEye anticheat (in future builds) for self-hosted 0.63 servers/the 0.63 client? Arma 3 has option "BattlEye" which you can set to 0 so people without BattlEye can join the server.
I've tried adding this option to the serverDZ.cfg but it does not disable the BattlEye for the server so I guess this option has been disabled/not implemented. (logs say BattlEye initialized and the game shows BattlEye on in the server browser, which means I can't connect on Linux)

The main reason for disabling BattlEye for me is to allow Linux (and Mac?) gamers (Using Wine/Steam Play Proton) to join the server. This of course adds the possibility of cheating which isn't too big of a concern for me at least and it could be handled some other way.
DayZ 0.63 Offline mode works really nice with Steam Play so playing DayZ on Linux is (almost) ideal for me and most likely for many other Linux gamers.

Please, consider allowing this option.

Br,
LuomuBanaani

most of us are trying to get it working for admin on dart but its just wont load anyone have any idears on how to fix this

I agree that we should have a possibility to turn off the BattleEye because sometimes it's necessary to connect with Linux and Mac users as mentioned. And it happens that BE don't like VPN I use though I tried several from http://vpnservicepro.com/. Hope such problems will be solved.