ziellos2k

BattleNET - C# library and client for the BattlEye protocol

I've no idea how branches work :(. Besides .. it already doesn't work the way it is, this adds too much complexity for me :P. Git has never worked properly for me, I also have no idea why not. I just hate using it because of the lack of even a simple GUI tool (The Windows tool they released is pretty crap as well.) Git Extensions worked, but doesn't work for your project for some reason. It just won't let me update.

Either way thanks for your effort, I'll try to get it up and running, but I doubt it.

I'm also having another issue since I updated the code, and the "say" command doesn't seem to work for some reason. It works when I send the command "say -1 test", but using the enum seems like throwing up a coin. I'm 100% positive my code isn't at fault, it worked before the update, and breakpoints show the correct command / parameters are being passed. However, no message is shown in the server.

Again, it's really odd since it works in other places, just not in that place. I wouldn't go breaking your neck over it trying to fix it, but perhaps if there's more people with the same issue you could take a look at it. It can still be my code that's acting up for some reason (it probably is, but I haven't found a single clue for that yet).

The code with your request: https://github.com/z...ected-event.zip

As for some useful GIT tools; GitHub for windows, TurtoiseGit, etc. I'm just using the command line git though, Git for Windows.

As for your RCon issue, are you sure you're doing the right thing? It should read something like;

b.SendCommandPacket(EBattlEyeCommand.Say, "-1 testing 123");

At the moment I can't test anything, but I will setup a server again later tonight. :)

Edited by ziellos2k

Thanks for the zip,I'll incorporate it as soon as I have time.

Everything worked as usual, but since I update the library with the latest one it seemed to stop working. What I've created is an automated message scheduler. You can basically set to send a mtessage every x seconds/minutes/hours. This works (it even does now), when you send normal chat messages. I've also however, created an command line tool, which allows you to type commands in-game, and the RCon admin will respond accordingly. You can also schedule these commands in there, which allows you to schedule messages like "-server-info" or "-server-rules". This is where it fails working, for some reason the commands that are fed into the command interpreter don't get send back to the game. This uses the same code as for when you'd send normal messages, it's just in a different place. Debugging it leads to the fact that the messages do get sent (or they appear to be), but they just don't get through for some reason, even though it's the exact same code that has been working earlier.

All in all very weird, but again it's probably some weird error on my side. Pretty frustrating though :P

Stop looking for the error, it's on my end... :D

Everyone, please don't use predefined commands for now until 1.0.2, if possible!

Edited by ziellos2k

It works again! Thanks so much, I was almost pulling my hair out at some point, haha. Glad to get it working again, and thanks again for the fix!

Hmm it seems that my box has disappeared from the net... No binaries until I find the box again (hopefully intact... :unsure:).

FOUND IT! Yay! :lol:

Edited by ziellos2k

New version available, v1.1, get them from http://ziellos2k.net/battlenet :)

@Wotuu, your files have been updated as well. I'm still not sure if I wan't it in BattleNET and if so, how it's going to be put in BattleNET. :)

Edited by ziellos2k

Would it be a good idea to separate RCon messages from messages created by the library (connected, disconnected, etc)? What do you guys think?

Edited by ziellos2k

Would it be a good idea to separate RCon messages from messages created by the library (connected, disconnected, etc)? What do you guys think?

Yes, I currently filter every message by BattleNET as I do not need them.

One vote is enough for me! :D Consider it done. :)

EDIT: Just a warning upfront; v1.2 will break current implementations... :rolleyes:

Edited by ziellos2k

Hmm, what kind of messages does BattleNET generate then? I always thought they all came from the RCon side :P

Hmm, what kind of messages does BattleNET generate then? I always thought they all came from the RCon side :P

Stuff like connecting, connected, disconnected. That's about it though. :P

EDIT: Hmm, might as well just remove them and let it handle by the implementing application?

Edited by ziellos2k

mmm yeah you said that, but do you mean messages like

"User <user> logged in"? (taken from Gotcha) or are there other messages? I just based my parsing on the logs I saw in Gotcha, so I wouldn't know which are yours and which are RCons :P

This should explain it. It's fairly useless on the library side of things. Most likely nothing you've been parsing. :) Edited by ziellos2k

Very well! It's been working fine as of now, so no reason to fix what ain't broken :]. But keep up the good work!

This should explain it. It's fairly useless on the library side of things. Most likely nothing you've been parsing. :)

How about adding a ConnectEvent instead of it?

Could be more useful to check if BattleNET successfully connected.

You could add the return types there (Login invalid, Connected, Host offline, ...).

Edited by DomiStyle

Probably doing some final touches on the code tomorrow and release 1.2, if I feel like it. :)

Any last minute requests?

Edited by ziellos2k