Lil J567

[BUG] Dupping gear / Guns and ammo

there is a dupping glitch they need to patch ASAP its when the severs reset.. please fix this ASAP. 

This glitch has been there since at least .60. They will get to it...one day

Yea it happened to me and my girl a few days ago by accident. I dropped her my suppressed IJ-70, and we lagged out, all of a sudden she has one and I have one. Not sure how it happened but it did.

I think at this point duping is kind of an accidental thing, and there is no solid way to exploit it, and I think when it becomes severely exploitable, like people are intentionally duping M4s, AKs and SVDs, while duping protector cases with 5+ mags, that is when it will become addressed.

Not sure if xbox has battleeye, but it would need to be able to differentiate accidental vs exploited duping.

That's why if I do dupe a gun when I meant to give it to a friend, I just drop it anyway, I dont need it. Hence why I gave it up. But I do agree, I hope it gets fixed.

I think the main issue is when you drop a gun, and they pick it up, if you get a red server error message within 5 seconds of dropping it, it will dupe. The odds of that are slim, because simply backing out wont do it. The dupe requires your physical player to revert to a point where you had the gun, and the other player has enough time for the server to save the inventory. Hence why I believe it is accidental and not exploitable at the moment.

Yes people will always find a way to cheat, but that just drastically decreases the playability for themselves. Like it's so more rewarding to search for hours, finally finding that suppressor or the ammo you need, it gives you purpose. If you're just duping, its like why even bother. Are you even having fun at that point?

I also believe a bit in in-game karma, like if you did exploit a dupe, you wouldnt be able to find a player to shoot for 24 hours play time, you're just wandering. Or when you actually work and find the items you need, you get picked off by a sniper in the hills, losing it all anyway. :)