Tarkules

Radio stations, broadcasting towers and car batteries

Question

I know it's only a Preview version, but I can't find info about the use of radio and broadcasting towers.

What's the purpose of the towers?

Is it supposed to interact with a car battery? (Maybe two?)

Does it work on XBox or PC ?

What's the range of this thing?

I carried a car battery for a day just to avoid those questions.. so any tip or info will be appreciated.

3 answers to this question

Radio masts and towers are, typically, tall structures designed to support antennas (also known as aerials) for telecommunications and broadcasting, including television. But as we all know this is the apocalypse, so 99 percent of all telecommunication has seized to exist.

Existing types of communication in DayZ are:

• Walkie Talkies (uses small battery)
  • Megaphone (uses small battery)
  • radio backpack (uses car battery)
  • public announcement system (static, can be found in certain cities/villages, uses car battery)

So the towers have no real communication value in DayZ, just because you don't have the power/technology available to make use of them. However, for future updates we are preparing the Altar Radio Station to give you the biggest communication relay in Chernarus.

• Thanks 1

On 05/09/2018 at 9:32 AM, ImpulZ said:

Radio masts and towers are, typically, tall structures designed to support antennas (also known as aerials) for telecommunications and broadcasting, including television. But as we all know this is the apocalypse, so 99 percent of all telecommunication has seized to exist.

Existing types of communication in DayZ are:

• Walkie Talkies (uses small battery)
  • Megaphone (uses small battery)
  • radio backpack (uses car battery)
  • public announcement system (static, can be found in certain cities/villages, uses car battery)

So the towers have no real communication value in DayZ, just because you don't have the power/technology available to make use of them. However, for future updates we are preparing the Altar Radio Station to give you the biggest communication relay in Chernarus.

So are the public broadcast systems supposed to be active in this build? as i cant add a battery to it from inventory or hand. Also one that has battery in doesnt let you turn it on. Always says 'off' in bottom left icon of screen.