Sign in to follow this  
Jack083

Unable to Drink

Question

I just installed the free trial.  I *believe* I'm following the directions properly but I cannot seem to drink from a water bottle in my inventory.  The only control it seems I'm able to do from inventory is drop the bottle and then pick it back up.  I ran over to a pond and was prompted to hit X to take a sip.  Is there an issue or have I missed something?

3 answers to this question

If your water bottle is in your inventory, go to it, press A on it to put it into your hands at the bottom, exit the inventory screen, then it should prompt your at the bottom left of the screen above your stamina bar to drink the water. Press RT to drink your water, and the circle icon in the middle of the screen will tell you how much your drinking.

If your bottle is empty and your at a well, or pond/river, then put the Bottle into your hands again, look at the well, or water, then it will prompt your to press RT to fill up your water bottle. 

(Be warned, after filling up your bottle, it is dirty water. You have to find purifying tablets to purify your water. They are mostly in Deer Hunting Stands.)

to drink from the bottle or fill it you gotta put it in your hand while in inventory or hotkey it.

3 hours ago, DXMIMZY said:

If your water bottle is in your inventory, go to it, press A on it to put it into your hands at the bottom, exit the inventory screen, then it should prompt your at the bottom left of the screen above your stamina bar to drink the water. Press RT to drink your water, and the circle icon in the middle of the screen will tell you how much your drinking.

If your bottle is empty and your at a well, or pond/river, then put the Bottle into your hands again, look at the well, or water, then it will prompt your to press RT to fill up your water bottle. 

(Be warned, after filling up your bottle, it is dirty water. You have to find purifying tablets to purify your water. They are mostly in Deer Hunting Stands.)

You don't have to use purification tablets. Disease and sickness isn't implemented yet. I'm living off streams and raw cows and chickens lol