darkwarriors74

will there be a map?

16 hours ago, Maytrix001 said:

Except, in a post apocalyptic survival you wouldn't be dropped into a foreign land.  You'd be in a place you already knew.

For a console, an in game map is really needed.  I don't want to sit with my computer or tablet while playing on my xbox.  On the PC, it is different.  I've got 2 monitors, I can have the game on one, map on the other.  I think one issue with this game is that it was created for PC and just ported to console and it seems not a lot of changes made to make it more console friendly.  Hopefully this changes as I think it could be a great game, but needs some improvements to make it better on the console.  

I don't think it needs to be a map however that tells you where you are though - that would be for you to figure out still like you do now.   But an in game map to view vs needing a tablet..etc would be an improvement.

Well maps are coming if not here already, there is the compass to go by also, but having a mini map is taking away from  the realism of the game imho, my advice to anyone would be to hang around 1 area for a while, flip server to refresh loot and stock up, go back and forth from home base to a different town to get your bearings a bit, once you've done that venture out a little further, the map i linked in a previous comment is great to help. I think one of the main issues with a lot of players is that they just want to run from one end to the other no issues, but the thing is unless you are an actual survivalist irl, pretty much anyone from civi street is screwed when in the middle of the woods. 

I don't think a traditional mini map would make sense, but a static map that you can scroll that acts as a mini map would be nice.  Basically take the place of the tablet/pc maps people are using now.  Just have it integrated, although it wouldn't show you where you are - just would allow you to view on your TV rather then have another device.

Like I said, PC play is different from console.  When I play on my console, I want to play on my console, not use any other devices. 

On 9/3/2018 at 11:59 AM, darkwarriors74 said:

time to find the name of the city on the internet or gsm your time to die if you have nothing to eat and drink. I spend 5 minutes to find on the internet, with a card in the options that automatically indicates your position we will gain more time.

There is an app called iZurvive, its super handy. I was spewing and dying and getting lost a lot. With the app it helps when you have no compass. An in game map would make it too easy, but if they made compass more available it would help with navigation

4 hours ago, Gortmore_Xbox said:

There is an app called iZurvive, its super handy. I was spewing and dying and getting lost a lot. With the app it helps when you have no compass. An in game map would make it too easy, but if they made compass more available it would help with navigation

must still open his pc or his gsm to see the card I find it abused, it could put the card in the options those who do not use urilized not use those who want l used l uses or is the problem!

5 hours ago, Gortmore_Xbox said:

Yes, iZurvive is excellent, it tells you where things are and also lets you plan out routes, you can also see how long it takes to run from part to another.

Just download the map on app store iZurvive its so useful can mark locations etc and others who use the app can set up meet spots death spots enemies etc