Sign in to follow this  
ApexOutlaw

I had a great first run until...

So to start off, I had a very good run on my first life in DayZ for Xbox One, considering I used to play this game on the PC and knew what was essential for when you spawn.

Fast forward, I am fully decked out! AKM with suppressor, 4 full mags, ammo box in inventory full of bullets, and a good sight. Also had an SVD with the same stuff, 4 canteens with purification tabs, and more tactical bacon than I can eat in a lifetime! Since I had all the stuff I needed to survive, I started collecting burlap sacks to make ghillie cover for my guns and body.

Here is when it all goes bad. As I’m going through the industrial area at around Toploniki, I see what I thought was a burlap sack at the top of the crane (DayZ vets probably know what I’m leading up to.) I climbed the crane, but it turned out to be a piece of clothing completely unusable to me. Unfortunately, as I was climbing down the ladder, the server crashes... My PTSD kicked in, I knew exactly what that meant.

Praying that the servers have rolled back my character to the top of the crane, I log into a random low population server. Of course, I spawn at the top of the ladder, falling to my death...

I respawn, and immediately start searching for food and water bottles so I could try running back to my dead body to recover everything I worked so hard for. Right when I get into the second house, bottom left of screen says “This server will restart in 5 minutes.”

All hope was lost when I saw that prompt come up... Of the dozen people that I ran into that tried to murder me, and the endless pack of zombies and wolves that tried to eat me, it was a f-ing server crash that gets me! After that happened it just sucked all the fun out of playing a new life for me, and I’m still struggling to regain it all back since your Xbox servers are crap.

So, I know that you devs know about this happening, people have been telling you about it for like 6+ years now, so I have a very simple suggestion that will save you from a lot of people’s frustration.

You could do one of 2 things;

1. When a player spawns in, make a fall damage exclusion zone around the bottom of the player that last like 5 seconds or something, if you can find a way for the server to identify if a player is mid-air, have it only activate for that so people can’t abuse it.

2. When a player spawns in, have it to where their character is immune to fall damage for 5 or more seconds when spawning in.

If you aren’t going to get the server crashes fixed then you could at least mitigate the damage caused by them!

Sorry if I come off as angry, I put a lot of work into that character just to have it all lost by the dumbest way ever possible.

Edited by ApexOutlaw
  • Beans 1

That's brutal man, but take it upon yourself as a lesson. Note to self, dont climb up ladders in DayZ. Lol. Hit a few military outposts. Bam. You'll be back to kit at no time

Yea but the current state of the servers at the moment is really bad, it’s either the server is over populated and has a 20+ queue or it’s broken.

The server crashes were easy to deal with at first when there were over 400+ active servers, but now the number is less than half of that and even worse half of the current servers aren’t even letting you join. When you join a populated server everything lootable within a 5 km range is picked dry.

In hindsight, I shouldn’t have climbed the crane, definitely wasn’t worth it at all. But this has been a problem with the game since the beginning, and they can easily implement something like my suggestion into the game.

EDIT: Bohemia Interactive, you asked for feedback, your server list is shit at the moment for Xbox One and your “patch” did nothing. THOUSANDS of people in the US are trying to play right now on only less than 60 US servers. You need to get on top of this right now!

Edited by ApexOutlaw

Well they boosted the server counts to accommodate the flood of people. Now they've cut back as they have a better estimate of the daily population, the va cut the servers in half. But I agree. Now they are all overpopulated or it's a massive queue.

And there are some issues. But give it a week things will work out. I've had a few crashes today. They probably need to push an update, but it is the weekend. Give it until next weekend next week and we should be gravy.

Happy surviving and good luck

Grim story....

You're suggestions on fall damage for spawning in is a great shout, why they've never implemented it years ago is weird as I can see why that would frustrate people. Not even your own fault really for climbing; Why shouldnt you climb ladders LOL cant blame yourself haahahha

As for the server Pops being overflowed; I'm not so sure. I dont have issues getting into servers at all. I cant join servers with population less than 10 but thats a pussies game anyway but anything from 10-30 players and a server at the lowest point of the list for that region that I can find with my criteria and boom, I'm in, no worries.

Server performance we all know is an issue though. Lost an M4 due to he bugs and crashes so I can feel peoples pain.

Sign in to follow this