OrLoK

A new "Virus" is in game spreading to the forums

Hello

I'm an old OFP, VBS, Arma player and have been following the rise of DAYZ for quite some time.

It seems that there are far more instances of Megalodayzamania appearing in game and especially on these forums.

All the suffers of this:

1/ seem to insist that folk who don't play the game *their* way are idiots/morons/retards.

2/ Copy popular internet "memes" to reply to posts rather than coming up with any cogent argument or discourse.

3/Insist on pidgeon holing people into subgroups such as "Carebears" or "Bandits"

4/Focus on non relevant issues in threads rather than on the whole concept/topic.

5/Finally as with standard Megalomania have a super inflated opinion of them selves.

Thoughts?

Rgds

LoK

Hello

I'm an old OFP' date=' VBS, Arma player and have been following the rise of DAYZ for quite some time.

It seems that there are far more instances of Megalodayzamania appearing in game and especially on these forums.

All the suffers of this:

1/ seem to insist that folk who don't play the game *their* way are idiots/morons/retards.

2/ Copy popular internet "memes" to reply to posts rather than coming up with any cogent argument or discourse.

3/Insist on pidgeon holing people into subgroups such as "Carebears" or "Bandits"

4/Focus on non relevant issues in threads rather than on the whole concept/topic.

5/Finally as with standard Megalomania have a super inflated opinion of them selves.

Thoughts?

Rgds

LoK

[/quote']

Agreed.

:dodgy:

Let's all just chill out for a while and listen to some Bob Marley.

Because what's better for an apocalypse than a weed smoking musician with happy songs.

Wait, what musician doesn't smoke weed again? Ah, irrelevant.

What you describe has been a part of gaming(communities) for as long as I can remember.

Nothing new. :D

OP, your points are valid and well thought-out. But, what is the purpose of this thread? Is it just to discuss the downfall of thought and intelligence. Or, was this posted for another reason?

OP' date=' your points are valid and well thought-out. But, what is the purpose of this thread? Is it just to discuss the downfall of thought and intelligence. Or, was this posted for another reason?

[/quote']

Hello,

Absolutely no reason for the post. Just an observation with a light hearted twist.

But this *is* one of the most angsty and Ego filled communities I've encountered (although I'm sure there are worse out there). I'm suprised the thread has so many replies, especially the "meh tiz the innernetz get over it" type.

rgds

LoK

Let's focus on the good parts, and not keep coming back to these issues. Giving all this attention to the negative aspects only strengthens them.

I usually don't post in threads like this, but I agree: all what you say is true. But let's not focus on it by making post about it or adding content to existing negative threads.

Hullo there

We are descending into memeness...

rgds

LoK

Agreed, but its really just the under 25 crowd. First generations really raised on the internet the whole way. Annoying? Definitely. But you cant really fault them for it, its their culture, its who they are.

Agreed with Op. Unfortunately the price of popularity.

I have to laugh when I see threads about snipers camping stating points and calling every one they kill an idiot. :) If your going to start a controversial thread to blow your digital trumpet, at least make sure what your doing requires skill! :D

Welcome to the internet.

What OP just said would probably include you.

Spot on OP! Spoilt brats are what he cancer that is killing modem day gaming.

Hullo there

I wonder if the Yogcast "review" will increase or decrease this happening?

"Raging" does seem to be in fashion at the moment on many forums.

Yes, it's always been there but, I've really started to notice it in the past few years.

Rgds

LoK

OP I agree with you so damn hard. Maybe it's because DayZ is what everyone here has been waiting for, for what seems like a lifetime. Everyone loves this game so much that it's driven them insane and anyone who attempts change or disagrees with them becomes worse than any sniper rifle wielding cherno griefer.