TheMachine

No competent player should die

There's just no reason to die if you know what you're doing.

You'll only die if you choose to' date=' by going to cherno or engaging other teams of players in fights.

For the last 3 days I've been camping cherno and elektro with an AS50, I don't go into the cities, nor do I loot kills.

I just shoot idiots, 45 and counting.

3 guys, elektro hospital roof, 1km, 3 shots, 3 kills, none of them had time to react, all 3 shots had been fired before the first shot landed.

They had m16s, aks, ghillie suits - all dead.

The price of being morons I guess.

I've seen other, competent players though, that I just couldn't kill.

They moved with the cover, they zig zagged in the open, they watched their surroundings.

One guy was climbing to the hospital roof, seen the bodies and decided against it, he was smart.

The next two weren't, they got shot.

The [derp'] locust of DayZ want to ruin it, they'll leave after they do - short attention spans with no desire to learn how to play.

People seriously need to spend less time on here asking for safe zones, removal of PvP, penalties for 'bandits', and just get onto the game and learn stuff, excuses will NOT be tolerated.

Grow up.

So you think you are competent player because you snipe people at the starter cities from a click away. What server do you play on? I would love to see this "competence" of yours lmfao...

You'll only die if you choose to' date=' by going to cherno or engaging other teams of players in fights.

For the last 3 days I've been camping cherno and elektro with an AS50, I don't go into the cities, nor do I loot kills.

3 guys, elektro hospital roof, 1km, 3 shots, 3 kills, none of them had time to react, all 3 shots had been fired before the first shot landed.

They moved with the cover, they zig zagged in the open, they watched their surroundings.

One guy was climbing to the hospital roof, seen the bodies and decided against it, he was smart.

The [derp'] locust of DayZ want to ruin it, they'll leave after they do - short attention spans with no desire to learn how to play.

People seriously need to spend less time on here asking for safe zones, removal of PvP, penalties for 'bandits', and just get onto the game and learn stuff, excuses will NOT be tolerated.

Grow up.

So you think you are competent player because you snipe people at the starter cities from a click away. What server do you play on? I would love to see this "competence" of yours lmfao...

That's right bro, I'm slick as shit.

When I kill people up close I play the A-team music on direct com, so they know a real pro is killing them.

F*ck dying to zombies, other players..

Bugs.

They should rename the game to DayB - Day of Bugs: How long can you survive before a bug takes it all away?

For the last 3 days I've been camping cherno and elektro with an AS50

[/quote']

you just called your self a moron....

Clearly he didn't state it in his opening posts but even if he amended it later' date=' it's irrelevant to my point about his superiority-complex.

[/quote']

I love that the irony of that statement is lost on you

I love the irony of you posting about irony without understanding it. I suppose you think it's "ironic" because I call him out of his self-obsession with giving advice because being a moderator must mean I'm already self-obsessed with myself.

First off, there was never affirmation of me putting myself ahead of him in terms of opinion solely because I'm a moderator. That was implied by you and therefore can't be irony on my part, because I never said my opinion was superior based on the fact I had a different color username.

You don't need to say anything and you know it

The carebear locust of DayZ want to ruin it, they'll leave after they do - short attention spans with no desire to learn how to play.

Grow up.

[/quote']

wait so i'm not playing right if i use direct chat and tell someone i'm friendly? So this game is all about killin each other and thus there is no real need for direct chat?

I love how people defend this guy and how he is just continueing the boring kill on sight cycle that is the down fall of this game.

also OP do you want a hug for all those kills you got, and peoples days you've ruined?

I suppose to some people this is the best open world sandbox sniper game they have ever played. AFAIK it's the only one.

I got about 5 or so pages in and then I saw this.

Can't believe all the immature personal attacks' date=' calling me an idiot just for shooting people.

[/quote']

People respond in kind OP when you use personal attacks yourself.

... The price of being morons I guess. ...

... Grow up.

You're incompetent if you get killed in there' date=' yes.

[/quote']

Ad hominems don't help anybody's argument.

You don't need to say anything and you know it

Buddy' date=' if you really, honestly, have a problem with how I word things or think that I put myself above everyone else because I'm a mod, PM me about so we can hash out any grievances you may have. I extend that right to all of you; I got out of my way to present my [i']opinion as being my own and not indicative of what the DayZ staff thinks or that I would use my status as leverage to suppress yours.

That being said, if you automatically assume that everyone in a position of power is out to get you, then there's probably little I could say that will dissuade you from thinking that.

Last I want to say on the matter.

You know what's funny? Based on what the OP said I pretty much know exactly where he's shooting from. Also 3 days in Cherno with an AS50 and only 45 kills? That's pretty sad lol. I've spawned in Cherno before and racked up 20+ kills with just a lee in about 2 hours. you should have well over 100 kills as long as you have ammo

Finding a sniper rifle isn't an easy thing to do and people are running around Cherno/Elektro because they have nothing to lose and you pretty much HAVE to loot the hospitals for some morphine and bandages before you head out otherwise where the fuck else will you find them? Die, die, die, die, 5th time you get morphine. Whatever, worth it.

Grow up.

i somehow picture you masturbating to your own post after you posted it. if you're a good competent player, you don't need a 1000 meter buffer with the easy mode sniper rifle, killing stationary targets, which as you admitted are the only ones you can kill. range finder and zeroing. that's hardcore.

Yeah, instead try hatcheting someone carrying a lee enfield, now there's a challenge.

Being a pussy sniper takes no skill, as much skill as it takes to point a cursor at someone and left click, maybe pressing R for the occasional reload.

(I would have got the hatchet kill if the damn thing would connect, 2-3 swings point blank and it effing missed every time, I hope hatchets get fixed soon, obviously it's not perfect since it was just created though).

Being a pussy sniper takes no skill' date=' as much skill as it takes to point a cursor at someone and left click, maybe pressing R for the occasional reload.[/quote']

Are you familiar with Arma II's bullet physics?

Everything requires some degree of skill, even swinging a hatchet.

It requires more experience to reap the full benefits of the sniper rifle whilst avoiding all the set-backs, that in-itself can be a skill.

And one more thing, I'd hate to see a follow up reply claiming I'm wrong because time is precious. If you want to show disrespect towards snipers all day, I suggest you find another forum.

Grow up.

and you feel strong now? sitting there hiding and wasting bullets? omg thats the most newbie thing I read in this forum... and the best part you maybe think you are a pro?!

I don't think the point of his post was that being a sniper will keep you alive. I think his point was that assuming there's always a greifer sniper watching you is the way to keep alive.

You made some wild assumption and said I was the OP. I said you were a moron. And your answer to me is "read the thread mate" -- This confirms that you are a moron.

I was wrong.

What I am suggesting though' date=' rather than posting your two cents, read the whole thread and rationally argue against the points raised, instead agreeing with the OP who clearly is in the wrong.

[/quote']

-read the whole thread and rationally argue against the points raised

-instead [of] agreeing with the OP who clearly is in the wrong.

-rationally argue

Remix. I have read this entire thread, and frankly, from what I've seen you should start taking your own advice.

Now, to get back to the discussion at hand, I whole-heartedly agree with the side of OP. Why? Competence IS a huge modifier to any success. Not the only one, but a major one. Then there is luck.

INB4 thread rage, 90% of you against OP are resorting to personal attacks against his play-style (at least for the moment), because in most cases none of you would have the initiative nor the plan to stop someone doing as he does.

Also, to all those whom say camping at a distance with a high powered rifle is easy-mode/cowardly, I raise 2 points.

#1. Taking a shot from a large distance is quite the feat, and again, I would like to point out that the Op has claimed to only kill (with some exceptions) Idiots who blatantly leave themselves open to fire.

#2. Cowardly? While I am slightly against his Non-looting, All in all it is a valid tactic and one that is used in real life, for good reason. last time I checked, a sniper doesn't run up after every kill to check it out as well.

I'm a Survivor. Every piece of gear I have, every food item and medical supply I possess was hard earned and sometimes, it came with a price. I've seen allies get gunned down by a Sniper right in front of me, I've been betrayed countless times and made countless friends. All in the state of the game the majority seems to have problems with. I do not claim to be a "Bandit", nor a "Care-bear". I am a player. Content to enjoy this experience that Rocket has developed. All the amazing highs, and the near rage-quitting lows. I hope some of you chose to do the same.

As a closing statement, I'd like to point out that I am new to this forum, but not Dayz. And after a look at a number of forum posts during my stay, I'm surprised at the sheer gall most of you have. I hope that some day the majority wont have a better than thou mentality and would actually work together to make this community better.