TheMachine

No competent player should die

The gain i get from killing other people is to survive longer... good enough for you ? the less people in ur area the bigger chance.

People say its Deathmatch but its smart tactic for surviving :)

Its either YOU or HIM and you know the rest.

You say why not go play arma 2 vanilla or something?

I'll tell you this i play this game because the of the survival / zombie apocolypse atmosphere so its pretty obvious why iam here killing you for ur beans isnt it :)

Its a sandbox game. YOU PLAY IT UR WAY HOWEVER YOU LIKE

Nobody says this game is a co-op survival... ITS A SANDBOX YOU KNOW THE TERM SANDBOX?

If u want co-op hold eachother hands game go play Left 4 Dead or Dead Island.

Obviously TheMachine and others have never encountered the stone wall of death, the toilet door of peril, the tree roots of terror and lo and behold the stone of deadly plummet.

So it should read there is almost no reason to die if you know what you're doing. Because even if you know what you are doing, at one point random death by inanimate object will get you.

I love the pvp in this game but saying 'competent' players never die and then going on to explain how you hide in a bush killing beach noobs all day is pretty funny. Try camping stary or nw all day for an actual challenge instead of noob land and get back to us about how you never die cause youre so awesome.

The gain i get from killing other people is to survive longer... good enough for you ? the less people in ur area the bigger chance.

You loot the bodies and town you just cleared ? NP if you do, i've done that a few times also ... makes tactical sense. OP clearly stated he doesn't loot his kills/ town he's just "cleared"

You loot the bodies and town you just cleared ? NP if you do' date=' i've done that a few times also ... makes tactical sense. OP clearly stated he doesn't loot his kills/ town he's just "cleared"

[/quote']

Mate i let other nabs clear it and loot all useful shit while i stalk them.. later on i just pop em in the head once they leave it and loot what i need. That way i never put my life on risk entering a town :) I let others do it for me.

If i see a survivor enter a hospital i dont shoot him instant i let him loot, wait him out. Get my shot make sure i got enough space in my bags... Loot what i need.. Run & relocate :)

I do this everywhere.. South, North, You name it.

Yes I have heard the term sandbox, open playing field, you're rules etc etc. But if there is no gain from your actions other than trolling new players on the coast then WTF go to the NW airfield or Starry see how long you can troll skilled players who are geared.

Who said i sit at south all day? I go there when i need medical supplies or something else.

Most my time i spend up North.

I never kill people without guns i know they are new spawned. I kill people with semi-good equipment (which u can tell buy the weapon they carry)

You loot the bodies and town you just cleared ? NP if you do' date=' i've done that a few times also ... makes tactical sense. OP clearly stated he doesn't loot his kills/ town he's just "cleared"

[/quote']

Mate i let other nabs clear it and loot all useful shit while i stalk them.. later on i just pop em in the head once they leave it and loot what i need. That way i never put my life on risk entering a town :) I let others do it for me.

If i see a survivor enter a hospital i dont shoot him instant i let him loot, wait him out. Get my shot make sure i got enough space in my bags... Loot what i need.. Run & relocate :)

Re-read my first post (it makes it clear I think your playstyle is legit and fits well into dayz and is needed)

[/quote']

Re-read my first post (it makes it clear I think your playstyle is legit and fits well into dayz and is needed)

I have NO ISSUE WITH YOU fella, read.

ye sry i realized after i typed all that shit.

I hate bandits shooting unarmed new spawned @ elektro/cherno too with no gain its a stupid playstyle and they belong in some COD game not DayZ. (I actually hunted alot of these type of players just to help out new spawned... I cant even count on my fingers how many people i spared and didnt shoot just because they didnt look like they had any useful loot on them, anything worth revealing ur position for etc.)

But people up north that die always come to forum to QQ aswell because they dont know how to play this game.

I try to give them tips but they say i only show my e-penis fact is i die from time to time.. but the difference between them and me is that I DO NOT go on the forum whine about how broken PVP is and it needs to get fixed.

No instead I LEARN from everytime i die, HOW TO not make it happen again and i actually improve alot with this mindset... So my point is instead of going on the forum to whine try to LEARN and improve like the smart ppl :p

Like i said in earlier post.. You die You learn way of DayZ...

ye sry i realized after i typed all that shit.

I hate bandits shooting unarmed new spawned @ elektro/cherno too with no gain its stupid way or playing and they belong in some COD game.

But people up north that die always come to forum to QQ aswell because they dont know how to play this game.

I try to give them tips but they say i only show my e-penis fact is i die from time to time.. but the difference between them and me is that I DO NOT go on the forum whine about how broken PVP is and it needs to get fixed.

No instead I LEARN from everytime i die' date=' HOW TO not make it happen again and i actually improve alot with this mindset... So my point is instead of going on the forum to whine try to LEARN and improve like the smart ppl :p

Like i said in earlier post.. You die You learn way of DayZ...

[/quote']

I have no problem survivng in dayz i have no problem with the pvp in dayz i have no problem with dayz in general :- it's players like the OP who i have a problem with.

EDIT: Hence why I posted. to me OP is the reason the forum is filled with QQ, I understand some kids gonna be butt hurt when he lost his m4 CCO Sd and NVG's and is going to cry to the dev's to have pvp fixed for his benefit on the forums but I also think there are alot more people out there doing what OP does just for shits n giggles wich would account for alot of the cry posts on the forums.

Completely agree, people are just being reckless and not playing DayZ like the tactical shooter it is built upon.

In DayZ you are free to explore your own stance on morality in a virtual landscape, no authority or mechanic is there to dictate what is right or wrong.

Thats beauty of it.

All lies...... I am competent but one of my team forgot to look in the rear-view mirror and ran over my head... (Okay, maybe it was my fault, I was wearing a Ghillie :P)

I don't know if it was the OP or not, but last night, I saw 2 ghillie suited players on a hill north of Cherno, in some trees, sniping down into the town.

I follow the treeline up to them, got behind them and sniped 1 of them in the back of the head. As soon as I fired, the other DC'd, which was a shame and really annoyed me. The only complaint I have for DayZ is the x-logging during combat. If that was fixed, the game would be playable to it's fullest. Random leg breaking is rather funny and I always carry plenty of morphine for when it does happen.

That's 1 less bandit for a couple of hours anyway. Man it felt good.

You can reduce your chances of dying by staying away from the major pvp zones, but there is always a chance. I've seen countless players at smaller villages inland and running through the wilderness. It reduces your chances of death sure, but you're never safe.

I've read this topic carefully and want to add in my two cents.

I have no problem what so ever with PvP - in a zombie apocalypse, killing people for their supplies is a legitimate way of keeping yourself alive. This includes backstabbing and shooting on sight.

However, I believe OP's play style to be a part of the game that the DayZ staff are trying to change. Proclaiming yourself as "teacher-of-noobs" by blowing their heads off with a sniper rifle because they crossed a road isn't likely to deter them from doing it again. It's more likely to leave them sat there surprised and confused as they stare at the "YOU ARE DEAD" screen. If you really want to help them, team up with them and tell them the ground rules. Help them search for things and tell them when they make a dumb move, rather than punishing them for it.

I also see it as a giant waste of ammo but hey ho, whatever.

Sure, "competent" players will always live longer, unless they get unlucky, as they over-think every situation, move tactically from town to town and know when to quit while they're ahead. A less "competent" player won't live as long because of the massive horde they've attracted, both players and zombies, by running straight through the middle of Cherno.

But shooting those players for nothing more than to increase a stat is completely pointless.

I don't disagree that it's your fault if you die, whether it be the toilet door of death or by a sniper that's been camping the same spot for days, you should have been more aware, you should have known. I zig-zag across open fields if I have to cross them, and I've been shot at. One occasion, across a field in the middle of nowhere, I made a guy waste about 20-30 rounds before he eventually hit me in the leg, then another 10 or so rounds by rolling around before he finished me off.

Was I pissed at a guy with a sniper watching an open field in the middle of nowhere? Yeah. Did I think he was a moron, and think it was his fault I died? No. He was smart, albeit a terrible shot, I was in an open field. It's my fault. Do I think he's a moron if he didn't then loot me? Yes.

Also, don't call people incompetent or stupid, then complain when you are personally insulted in replies. It feels like one of those occasions where you can give the shit, but can't take the shit.

OP actually has a point. the only time ive ever died was while being in town. towns are meant for a get in, get ur stuff, and gtfo place, but ppl stay there just to kill other ppl that also want to loot.

OP snipes new spawns while mocking you for your terrible life expectancy.

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot you see yourself as an educator with wisdom and practical advice to dispense and not someone who is just bored enough to resort to killing with sport.

Which I have nothing against (I have to say this now or people get irrationally angry) but you really shouldn't be putting yourself on too high a pedestal for your own unsolicited advice; selfless as you may think of it.

Oh' date=' I'm sorry. I forgot you see yourself as an educator with wisdom and practical advice to dispense and not someone who is just bored enough to resort to killing with sport.

Which I have nothing against (I have to say this now or people get irrationally angry) but you really shouldn't be putting yourself on too high a pedestal for your own unsolicited advice; selfless as you may think of it.

[/quote']

This.

Summed up pretty much what I said in my reply.

I thought he quite clearly stated that he did not shoot people without weapons / main weapons and that he actually shoots a lot of well armed people. Guess I can't read! Oh wait.

What a self-obsessed wanker.

I actually started to lose the will to live after reading through all the utter drivel that the OP has been spouting, until I worked out that it was obviously a success as a wind-up to the genuine players....and he/she hit gold.

Of all the massive selection of shooters on the market, be they free or a hugely popular franchise.....tens of thousands of people have gone out and purchased an obscure ( to the mainstream player ) old military simulation to play a Mod that has got the toughest learning curve on the market and is still in alpha.

DayZ is a frustrating and bloody annoying experience on a bad day when the all too present bugs and faults conspire to do their worst to you.Your inventory just vanishes..you suddenly end up in the ocean...you die from climbing a ladder or opening a door .But still...people in the tens of thousands continue to play it and for the first time that I can remember actually forgive a game its faults and just accept them as is....in the belief that things will change and evolve!

A new type of game that embraces idea's and concepts that would normally be limited to a few nerds playing an ultra hardcore sim, has managed to grip the imagination of a great many players who have been crying out for just this type of thing....and most likely not realising it.

Then some individual starts importing the play style into DayZ that so many players are just so sick and bored of, and being the main reason we embraced this mod with such passion. The reason most of us came here was the utter boredom and mindless repetitive bollocks that passes as game play in almost every other game on the market.

A player who sits in a bush and snipes at ( quite likely ) poorly new players in the same mindless violence that people left other games for, and attempts to offer us tips?

There is an old expression " just because there is not a law to prevent you doing something, does not mean it is alright to do so " It means people have an innate sense of right and wrong and do not need to be told how to behave as a mature human in every instance.

Bit like this game, it is free form, you can snipe new players with no threat to yourself.....but you know, and more importantly everyone else knows you are a wanker for doing so.

I thought he quite clearly stated that he did not shoot people without weapons / main weapons and that he actually shoots a lot of well armed people. Guess I can't read! Oh wait.

Clearly he didn't state it in his opening posts but even if he amended it later, it's irrelevant to my point about his superiority-complex.

Kind of glad to see other people as upset with this thread and OP as I am/ was.

This guy needs to go "back" to whatever "rock" he came from.

Clearly he didn't state it in his opening posts but even if he amended it later' date=' it's irrelevant to my point about his superiority-complex.

[/quote']

I love that the irony of that statement is lost on you

Lol @ camping Cherno with an AS50. Ur really good bro, people talk about you all the time. What server are you on, I'll suicide and come 1 shot you with a Lee. I could use a 3rd AS50 for my collection

Clearly he didn't state it in his opening posts but even if he amended it later' date=' it's irrelevant to my point about his superiority-complex.

[/quote']

I love that the irony of that statement is lost on you

I love the irony of you posting about irony without understanding it. I suppose you think it's "ironic" because I call him out of his self-obsession with giving advice because being a moderator must mean I'm already self-obsessed with myself.

First off, there was never affirmation of me putting myself ahead of him in terms of opinion solely because I'm a moderator. That was implied by you and therefore can't be irony on my part, because I never said my opinion was superior based on the fact I had a different color username.