TheMachine

No competent player should die

No' date=' it isn't. A competent player knows that you need to visit Elektro for medical supplies which is largely unobtainable anywhere else.

Tell me how I should avoid a one-hit camping sniper, shooting newbies with torches:

[/quote']

Newsflash for you, if you believe that then you're not a fucking competent player.

The only medical supplies a hospital will net you that you can't find elsewhere are blood bags and antibiotics. Both of which are not a necessity. Besides you can loot them out of chopper spawns too and players.

You can eat canned food / cooked meat to get blood up. With heat packs / fires / roofs to hide under you should never get a cold ever either.

So what medical supplies you "need" are morphine + bandages and to a lesser degree painkillers. You can get all of those from pretty much any spawn location in the game. If you're patient enough to check a lot of them instead of going to the obvious target zone but "sure thing to loot one amirite???" hospital then maybe you'll live longer. There's also other hospitals on the map than Elektro.

By running to Elektro, the big hotspot of execution to get your loot you're being lazy. By failing to use cover in Elektro and scouting out key sniper spots before entering, you're being even more lazy. And coming to the forum to moan at the people killing you for being lazy instead of improving, you're being super fucking lazy.

maybe check out area before going in' date=' select save covered route to avoid line of sight to possible sniper locations and dont go on roofs (move with diffrent speeds zig zag in open field bla bla)

As i said before, real military tactics works best here

[/quote']

I do check the area.

Berezino is close to a mountain with trees, but the road to the hospital has no cover.

I do my best to avoid line of sight, unfortunately, sometimes it can be impossible as there are usually more than one line.

I tend to avoid running as it startles to zombies, so zig zagging is impossible.

On a somewhat related note, Berezino is ridiculously far away so I'd rather not spend 1.5 hours+ walking there. Besides, I'd die of thirst/starvation anyway.

By running to Elektro' date=' the big hotspot of execution to get your loot you're being lazy. By failing to use cover in Elektro and scouting out key sniper spots before entering, you're being even more lazy. And coming to the forum to moan at the people killing you for being lazy instead of improving, you're being super fucking lazy.

[/quote']

a truth bomb just exploded up in here

On a somewhat related note' date=' Berezino is ridiculously far away so I'd rather not spend 1.5 hours+ walking there. Besides, I'd die of thirst/starvation anyway.

[/quote']

the entire map corner to corner doesn't take longer than 30-40 minutes tops to cross

spoiler alert #2: raiding hospitals will always be dangerous

are you implying that this is a problem' date=' or...?

(btw the berezino hospital is nowhere near as hot as the cherno/elektro ones so i don't know where you're getting this 'same situation' thing from)

[/quote']

sure its dangerous, none said its not. but you can raise your chances a lot with some good decisions, and no panik.

and YES sometimes retreat is the only option to survive.

AND YES sometimes you die because you didnt see it comming.

So what medical supplies you "need" are morphine + bandages and to a lesser degree painkillers. You can get all of those from pretty much any spawn location in the game. If you're patient enough to check a lot of them instead of going to the obvious target zone but "sure thing to loot one amirite???" hospital. There's also other hospitals on the map than Elektro.

Actually' date=' morphine can only be found in hospitals and military locations (with a whopping 1.9% chance!!111).

http://dayzdb.com has the percentage chance of finding such loot.

[hr']

the entire map corner to corner doesn't take longer than 30-40 minutes tops to cross

Depends; am I running like an incompetent player? Or am I being the opposite of "super fucking lazy" and using the trees whilst walking extremely slowly, constantly checking my surroundings?

military locations

you mean like all of those deer stands that are nowhere near city death zones?

I try avoid Cherno/Electro altogether. I go to Berezino for my supplies. It's not always empty of players but it is less crowded. Plus, the close treeline is nice for a quick escape.

I try avoid Cherno/Electro altogether. I go to Berezino for my supplies. It's not always empty of players but it is less crowded. Plus' date=' the close treeline is nice for a quick escape.

[/quote']

thats smart, to know the best way out before getting in

you mean like all of those deer stands that are nowhere near city death zones?

You mean the deer stands completely out in the open riddled with zombies? The same deer stands that have a 1.9% chance of spawning medical loot (and even then' date=' doesn't guarantee morphine)?

[hr']

I try avoid Cherno/Electro altogether. I go to Berezino for my supplies. It's not always empty of players but it is less crowded. Plus' date=' the close treeline is nice for a quick escape.

[/quote']

thats smart, to know the best way out before getting in

Completely agree with you. Unfortunately, one shot from a camper using third person doesn't allow me the opportunity to escape.

People have been playing too much COD/BF3 aka fast phased / brainless arcade shooting games that they dont realize how effective it can actually be to scout the areas / look for obvious sniping spots before entering.

impatient/lazy people die :(

the smart/rest survive :)

Its just a skill question you either got it or you dont... or atleast try to learn ;)

I think I've only been in Elektro once, Cherno maybe 2-3 times and I'm sure that has been one of the reasons I've had characters with 20+ days. I've only been PK'd once I think. Most of my death comes at the hands of Zed, and that is almost always ass-headed situations on my part. Broke my leg in Zelengorsk, popped a smoke grenade in the supermarket parking lot and let the Enfield reign down on them (didn't get them all), and the next time i wanted to hear how loud the new double barrel was (was in a deer stand and killed 3 but aggro'd like 12 or so, only had 8 rounds). These are stupid mistakes, but they made for good gaming moments, hell that's the way John Wayne would have done it.

Could never see myself playing as a "sniper", no fun in my opinion. Why only occupy a 1sq mile area of a huge sandbox game. Just not for me I guess. I do enjoy following people through the woods to see what they're up to, but I've only murdered in self defense after being shot at.

People have been playing too much COD/BF3 aka fast phased / brainless arcade shooting games that they dont realize how effective it can actually be to scout the areas / look for obvious sniping spots before entering.

...and that's my cue to leave. Have fun stroking your e-penises gents.

...and that's my cue to leave. Have fun stroking your e-penises gents.

So you realized I'm right and now you decide to leave instead of coming up with an counter-argument that the way you play the game and die 24/7 is the best way?

Im going to tell you this... atleast try to improve and play and train on the tips we gave u on this thread and you will see you will start to survive longer :)

protip: hunt people instead of medical/hospitals

When i need food/water i kill players

When i need medical supplies i kill players

When i need other equipment guess what? i kill players

They got all i need and thats what i need to hunt.

... inb4 you say shooting people aint fun.. Is shooting zombies 24/7 more fun? words of an PVE'er i guess

Obviosly u dont like PVP but if you do start to learn how to survive and stop coming to the forums to whine about how awful it is that you die all the time when the real issue is ur playstyle and not the game.

I just want to say that i die too sometimes but i bet my survival record is way longer then urs will ever be, just because our playstyles is way different. So atleast i must be doing something right.

Start learning and improve thats the only way... How do you think I learned to keep myself alive for so long? well ill tell you this i didnt go onto the forum everytime i died to QQ about it and try to change the game... no i did LEARN everytime i died HOW i died and HOW to avoid it my next life... This way i got better and im still improving.

YOU DIE YOU LEARN way of DayZ.

You mean the deer stands completely out in the open riddled with zombies? The same deer stands that have a 1.9% chance of spawning medical loot (and even then' date=' doesn't guarantee morphine)?

[/quote']

Oh, you're right better to be impatient!

It's really silly to maybe cautiously loot 1 - 5 of the 50+ deer stands in the middle of nowhere which spawn perhaps 9 zombies and are easily enter able if you're careful. God forbid you scout around the area and check for players too, that shit takes time!

No, no, it's much better to just run into Elektro in full daylight, arms flailing, dribble running down your chin with not a care in the world -- How's that working out for you?

No' date=' no, it's much better to just run into Elektro in full daylight, arms flailing, dribble running down your chin with not a care in the world -- How's that working out for you?

[/quote']

as long as you keep running outside and you are quick at looting its an option, hehe

you has nothing to loose at start.

the game starts as soon you head north with you start gear from the town.

You mean the deer stands completely out in the open riddled with zombies?

itt we learn that '3' means 'riddled with'

you're a sensationalist with flawed information that simply wants to complain about non-issues

i think we're done here

Hey i'm killing zombies by making them fall of steep hills, that's how competent i am.

No' date=' no, it's much better to just run into Elektro in full daylight, arms flailing, dribble running down your chin with not a care in the world -- How's that working out for you?

[/quote']

as long as you keep running outside and you are quick at looting its an option, hehe

you has nothing to loose at start.

the game starts as soon you head north with you start gear from the town.

The all or nothing approach is viable at the start, sure. But don't moan if you die during it like what the hell is running through these peoples minds.

OP is a scrub.

Bandits - loot your kills to survive. (legit play style)

survivors need to stop QQ'ing about being shot for this reason.

Survivor - scavange/ survive defend against bandits live and HF (legit play style)

OP + MANY MORE - sits on hill for days in hotspot waiting for people to snipe for no reason... (not legit playstyle, legit reason for alot of the QQ on forums though)

Did you get so sick of being a noob sniper in other games and getting killed all the time you have to put your "talent" to use in Dayz ?

/rant

...But don't moan if you die during it like what the hell is running through these peoples minds.

i dont ;)

OP is a scrub.

Survivor - scavange/ survive defend against bandits live and HF (legit play style)

OP + MANY MORE - sits on hill for days in hotspot waiting for people to snipe for no reason... (not legit playstyle' date=' legit reason for alot of the QQ on forums though)

Did you get so sick of being a noob sniper in other games and getting killed all the time you have to put your "talent" to use in Dayz ?

/rant

[/quote']

2 questions

why he cant play a maniac with a cal .50 rifle after a zombie apocalypse?

you think all ppl are mentaly strong and dont went crazy after a zombie apocalypse?

:D

the only scrubs are the people who whine about snipers on forums instead of taking care of it in-game

all of the tools needed to stop or avoid him are available to you

...But don't moan if you die during it like what the hell is running through these peoples minds.

i dont ;)

OP is a scrub.

OP + MANY MORE - sits on hill for days in hotspot waiting for people to snipe for no reason... (not legit playstyle' date=' legit reason for alot of the QQ on forums though)

/rant

[/quote']

2 questions

why he cant play a maniac with a cal .50 rifle after a zombie apocalypse?

you think all ppl are mentaly strong and dont went crazy after a zombie apocalypse?

:D

He can play a mentally unstable member of society if he wants ... nothing to stop him at all :- just don't agree with killing for the sake of killing (at least have something to gain from it)

And I don't know how some people would react to that situation but turning into a homocidal maniac with a military weapon just because the world was coming to an end seems a bit far fetched.... also as a homocidal maniac (which is a mental condition) his view of reality would be quite skewed and his chances of pulling off a 600m shot would be very very slim... it's a game he's gaming the game. I play the game the way it's meant to be played.

the only scrubs are the people who whine about snipers on forums instead of taking care of it in-game

all of the tools needed to stop or avoid him are available to you

I have no problem dealing with snipers. I don't agree with his "playstyle" (I use that term loosly) its deathmatch in a co-op survival horror game.

Why not play vanilla ArmA CO or any other game ?

.... also as a homocidal maniac (which is a mental condition) his view of reality would be quite skewed and his chances of pulling off a 600m shot would be very very slim...

There are enough mind broken people comming out of war even in europe. trust me they know how to operate a gun.

Or in my country it was usual that EVERY male have to join the army, so i can say that near every male in my country is trained to kill people. including me

There are enough mind broken people comming out of war even in europe. trust me they know how to operate a gun.

Or in my country it was usual that EVERY male have to join the army' date=' so i can say that near every male in my country is trained to kill people. including me

[/quote']

Re-read my post PTSD and psychotic mental issues are not even remotely the same

sry i quoted to late, its directly for the quote. i wouldnt go deeper

there are maniacs out there they know how to use guns its the point.