TheMachine

No competent player should die

@ OP, you clearly represent what's wrong with this game, instead of teaming up with the few remaining survivers to survive the zombie apocalypse, you shoot them because you think they are stupid or because you are bored...

Guys, he can't help it.

The poor guy is early stage. He's become homicidal because of the virus. Once it eats away more of his brain, he will drop his gun and start jabbering and chase those people down the railroad tracks like the rest of them.

He's infected, he just doesn't realize it, yet.

I didn't read the whole thread, couldn't be arsed, but OP raises a pretty good point. Not that I like he's killing people on the coast but all in all he's right - I've seen loads of people just running straight through an open field and stopping to do whatever the fuck they needed to do in a middle of an open field. So yeah - OP is right on that bit.

Can't wait till the op dies at the hands of someone else and then will be forced to search for supplies while dodging douchebag snipers like himself that just sos for no reason and yes it will happen so enjoy your killcount number while it lasts

You can't blame the guy that actually shoots you.. You also have a role. Play safe and you will live long. OP has a good point and don't blame the killer when you die, blame yourself.

Can't believe all the immature personal attacks, calling me an idiot just for shooting people.

I have nothing against the players I kill, I'm sure some of them are nice folks.

But I enjoy shooting people, is that a crime?

Last time I died some sneaky beggar got me with an m1911, fair play to him.

He worked it where I was, flanked me and shot me down.

Was my fault for not relocating after some kills and for not watching my back.

Can't wait till the op dies at the hands of someone else and then will be forced to search for supplies while dodging douchebag snipers like himself that just sos for no reason and yes it will happen so enjoy your killcount number while it lasts

I can't wait either! :)

Each new life I try a different approach to the game, perhaps next time I'll be friendly, or perhaps next time I'll be reckless and die in cherno, I'm not sure yet.

But what I am sure of, is that however I play, it'll be fun.

Can't believe all the immature personal attacks' date=' calling me an idiot just for shooting people.

I have nothing against the players I kill, I'm sure some of them are nice folks.

[/quote']

I have a question what do you get from killing in dayz that isn't in say cod,bf2/3,tf2, etc...

Can't believe all the immature personal attacks' date=' calling me an idiot just for shooting people.

[/quote']

I have a question what do you get from killing in dayz that isn't in say cod,bf2/3,tf2, etc...

Challenge.

People are actually trying not to die.

[/quote']

Challenge.

if your all about challenge than why kill those who clearly have no clue what their doing?

I got the game... Monday I think. I've been slowly learning NOT to go onto the higher levels in Cherno or in Elektro. My lives have been getting longer and longer by not being a moron and risking my life for what is most likely a Makarov mag.

Well played' date=' watch those sniper spots and your corners.

Play your cards right and you might run up on someone like me and get all their special equipment.

[/quote']

It would indeed be wise to watch your back.

You never know when some desperate hobo with a hatchet ends up behind you and walks away a rich man. ;)

Anyone can get shot in the middle of fing nowhere by people they didn't spot hiding in the dense shrubs so It's delusional and arrogant to say that death by players is 100% avoidable because the only way to do that is not playing the game but I'm sure you realise that too.

You had to move around to get your gear and there were numerous times you had to expose yourself to being shot in the proces before you could start camping out on a hill with a scoped rifle.

I do agree with most of your points in the op though.

I am quickly learning to appreciate this mod for the gem it is and I would hate to see it be destroyed to cater for the casual gamer crowd.

They have tons of other games they can play.

You will still die.. i died last night to a hacker, he killed everyone on the server at the same time. lost 5 morphine injectors, weapons, and other useful items ofcourse

@TheMachine - So you're incompetent too then...?

Yes, I died from my own error and unlike the carebears and whiners, I can admit it.

[/quote']

Challenge.

But you're dieing too? I'll just leave your extremely insightful quote here:

"No competent player should die"

Though I don't support sniping people without looting them, OP has a point

If you make stupid things - you die, really simple logic to follow

Instead of learning how to prevent such a death people just rage on the forums trying to punish banditry

They want THEIR play style to be the only way to go, even though it consists of making dumb decisions and going full retard

Though I don't support sniping people without looting them' date=' OP has a point

Instead of learning how to prevent such a death people just rage on the forums trying to punish banditry

They want THEIR play style to be the only way to go, even though it consists of making dumb decisions and going full retard

[/quote']

No I just want there to be a better balance in risk vs reward in being friendly.

[/quote']

Challenge.

But you're dieing too? I'll just leave your extremely insightful quote here:

"No competent player should die"

Perhaps I should have amended it to say 'no competent player should die all the time'.

We just got to admit death is no one's fault but our own.

Camping cherno sounds boring, just saiyan... I like building up my camps in the north, looting contested lootspots where experienced players might cross my path, for better or for worse. I'm currently on Day 7, on my current life, would be day 12, but my friends dragged me to Elektro and some things happened and lives were lost.

Though I don't support sniping people without looting them' date=' OP has a point

[/quote']

Exactly, and these people are like locusts, they'll ruin dayz's uniqueness with their whining then move on to the next game and cry on that forum too.

Spoiled, immature kids who want it 'their way'.

DayZ needs to be more hardcore, if I was running it you'd be locked out for 20 minutes after a death.

I'd call it 'the cool down period - for carebears to care'.

are you guys playing on popular servers? i think i might ditch the most popular servers because of hackers, i only died once and that was to a hacker

You will always die, unless you camp all day ofcourse. If you actively travel and enter buildings for loot, you will run into a different player at some point, and one of them will shoot you one day.