Asmondian

Communication devices | Concept/Suggestion

lpcmk70rxxg11.png

In case the infographic is not clear enough, I add the following information / clarifications:

• Walkie Talkie (WT): They should have a local range and be able to send signal to other WT and the MT within that area. Being local, groups could use it for internal communication within a city, a Settlement or during a mission. (Note: I know they may have been replaced, but it would be nice to have them back).
  • PA Control Panel (PA): The device should be able to send signal only to the local city speakers creating a closed audio circuit. Could be used for territorial control of a group or faction. (Just like how they work now but without the crashes).
  • Marine Transceiver (MT): Should be extremely wide range (Almost world wide) and you can send signal to other MT, to WT and to the MAT. You can recieve signal only from the WT (Only when its local), from the MT in a wide range and from the MAT all around Chernarus.
  • Mobile Audio Transceiver (MAT): This device should be world wide so you can send signal to all the mobile divices except for the PA (Speakers, closed circuit), the Wilga Radio and the Vehicle Radios. It could be used to make global boradcast to all the mobile devices (local or not) and hear them all (even a local WT as I said before) regardless of the frequency they use.
  • Radio Panel System (RPS): By using this panel in any of the tree Radio Stations (And I know Tisy is actually a Radar Station, but it could be great to have an RPS over there too), you can reach any other mobile device including the Wilga Radio and the one inside vehicles. The advantage over the MAT is that it is not a dynamic spawn item (Its always there), you can also transmit to the Wilga Radio and Vehicle Radios and you can hear along any of the radio channels.

This suggestion is made on the basis of the current functioning of the communication devices (0.63 Stress Test 38). I take the opportunity to ask to any dev about the official intention behind these devices to be able to test them and know how they can be influenced by elements such as height, device status and the battery charge.

Edited by Asmondian
  • Beans 2