Sign in to follow this  
hemtek

A list of suggestions about the new damage system.

Hello ! I'm Hemtek, I have nearly 2000 hours in DayZ and I like to give you some of my suggestions about the new damage system in 0.63.

First of all I think the new damage system is only great whne you are hit by a firearms in the belly, chest and head but what about the arms or the legs.

When you are hit in the legs or arms you cannot die instantly even if you receive like 10 shot in the legs which is pretty realistic, I like the idea but after by exemple one mag of skorpion in the legs, I was still able to run.

That's why it would be great to have a leg status and arm status ( like it was before in 0.62), an icon that will pop only when needed.

like this for exemple:

dayz_icon_bras.png

You got shot in the arm or you receive you've got hit by an axe ( or any melee weapon) in the arm, the icon with the yellow arm appear and that will increase your weapon sway when you are ADS.

dayz_icon_bras_rouge.png

If you receive an other shot in arms ( or one shot but with a high caliber weapon) or an other melee hit, the icon will be red which mean you cannot ADS.

You can do the same with legs: yellow status you are limping, red status you can only prone.

I also think that melee weapon should do more damage. Let's take the axe for exemple:

One hit in the head should be instant death. 2 or 3 hit in the chest should be enough kill someone.

One charged hit ( shift + left click) in the chest should be instant death. 

Helmet and protective jacket like anti stab vest, riders jacket or plate carrier should provide you a protection against melee hit.

Well I think that it for the moment, Sorry if my english is bad. See you in Chernarus.

Edited by hemtek
  • Like 1

Very good and interesting dept suggestion mate, its a good one indeed. :)

Especially hitting arms or legs should change gameplay mechanics, thats much more realistic and suits to the DayZ world alot.

• Like 1