Sign in to follow this  
nroenspeck@gmx.de

What am I doing wrong?

I make my way to stary sobor at night. I observe the tents for a good 2-3 minutes but dont see any movement (I was close enough to spawn zombies so I couldnt use that as an indicator for player activity)... when I sneak in: the first tent I look inside has a player in it and I get shot immediately

2. again I head north, and reach NWA from the north side... found a ghillie suit and a FNFAL ANPV on the way, it's night.... i carefully check the treelines and my surroundings for other players without seeing anything

As I crawl-approach the barracks (reminder: at night, with ghilie suit, in grass/using trees and bushes as cover, with night vision) I check the treelines again and any spots that could be used as elevated sniping positions without the slightest sign of other players being here.

Then I get shot from behind.... 1 hit = dead, didnt hear a thing... ah well

3. Made my way to NWA, didnt die, great. I'm in the barracks, I try to be fast... ofc I checked the airfield for player acitivity there were no zombies anywhere on the airfield when I approached the barracks.

I find a m107 and it takes a few seconds to pack it... then I get shot through the window, didnt hear or see anything.

4. I keep away from cities and NWAirfield, and I get lucky and find a few heli crahes... I'm playing very cautious since I dont want to lose my m107+ DMR+... I travel from novy sobor to berezino without seeing a single player. I observe the city from a distance for around 5 minutes until I'm sure there is nobody around, then I go in to look for a tent to store my stuff... As I enter the appartements I get shot in the back with a lee enfield and die immediately

so what do I do? I feel like everybody else is playing with invisibility cheat and I'm the only one running around in a pink bunny suit... the fck is going on? I really dont care about the stuff I lose anymore... I've lost ghillie suits, heli loot, vehicles .... but what really bothers me is that I never see it coming and have no chance of fighting back. which sucks. a lot.

TL;DR: every time I die it's due to another player who I didnt see or hear and I get mostly one-shot without the slightest chance of fighting back. wat do?

wonder about that too... didnt happen to me as often but i also was the bandit on time too and wondered how that guy could do anything against it when he is unlucky to enter the city just a minute before me... i guess this is just fortune.

thats why i mind big cities when im not in adventure (dying) mood

I usually observe for 20 mins up to an hour before making a move.

Perhaps thats considered boring or cowardly, but its worked 50% of the time..

What cant be prevented is people logging in behind you. It sounds like thats what happened in Berezino. Taking only 2 mins to check Stary is too short of a time, when the dude is inside a tent looting, and if he entered stary from the other side you wont even see the zombies he spawned.

My advice... Start in a town first, get all the necessary supplies, and gtfo, set up a camp and THEN start returning for fun.

It sounds like you leave the coast before you have the supplies necessary to setup a camp.

Theres no real advice here though mainly because: It happens. Even in squad based combat, you cant defend against a player spawning in behind you, or just waiting for someone to come along.

Try and be the hunter, not the hunted.

Heres kind of a dick move but one i love to pull when I need supplies from a town. Wait for another player to loot the place you want to loot and wait for him to start heading towards the forest, put a round him as he reaches the treeline, mosey on over take his stuff. If he has the stuff you need, great, if he doesnt, wait for the next.

thanks for the answers, yes I'd like to play in a squad but due to time limitations at the moment it's not an option...

I'd love to be the hunter from time to time too, but even when I'm on a server with 50 players I never see anyone inland, only at the coast ... and killing new players for a can of beans really isnt my style. I like a challenge but as it is now it's beyond being a challenge but rather impossible to survive such an encounter.

I'll try to observe the area more closely and over a longer period of time, and I'll try to setup a basic camp before I head to the good and risky loot locations and maybe I'll even try camping for stuffed players ^^ thx core