oleg86@msn.com

How many good people do you meet before you get shot?

Most people you'll meet these days, especially those with weapons, are bandits. There isn't really a number you meet before you get shot, you just have to find someone and hope they don't kill you just for your beans.

just met 1 and 2 friendly people... first one wrote hey to me and got killed by zeds.. the other two guys with weapons died one after another by zeds too... would like to meet more of them ;(

Most people you'll meet these days' date=' especially those with weapons, are bandits. There isn't really a number you meet before you get shot, you just have to find someone and hope they don't kill you just for your beans.

[/quote']

nah iv hooked up with some nice people before i got shot, my last friend was eaten by zombies tho, so i was looking for a new one.. oh well

Unarmed people are nicer.

Just yesterday i meet one guy but he was without gun so (i have revolver)...dunno.... might have shot me or maybe not. After few hours of playing i meet another one who was in trouble with zombies. I help him and he just ran by me without word. After one more hours i was in Elektro trying to prepare myself for the big expedition to North. Run in to the 2 guys. One of them shoot me instantly.

The game was so much more friendly (I found this personally) when they had the global chat. Met loads of new people in that chat who I now play with now on skype etc. Now you gotta be like 10m next to someone to talk to them... No chance.

None.

My friend was respawning over and over to save a trip to a town that he could spawn in. In total, it took him 17 spawns and he finally spawned in Solnichiny. He was running towards me with no items as he had just spawned. He sees some guy getting bumrushed by zombies so he goes over to offer help by drawing some of them away. The guy asks what his username is, my friend tells him and the guy sacrifices himself to the zombies just so that he could shoot and kill my mate. He went out of his way to shoot my friend for no loot, protection or revenge and then gets killed by zombies.

So yeah, usually we meet 0.

0. I used to give people a chance in this game but I have been shot in the back to many times over and over. That I just kill anyone I see now no questions asked. To many times have I been finally geared up and then shot by my so called friend i don't even chance it. I see you and you are in my way you are dead I don't care if your friendly anymore.

Actually funny the other day I was in a building with a RL friend and we were looting and 2 guys start coming up the stairs. In sidechat they are like don't shoot we don't want trouble, friendly, and so on. We decide ok we let them pass.. Bad Idea.. They immediately killed us.. Morale of the story don't even trust the people that say they are friendly chances are they are gonna take your stuff. :)

Oh oh I got a good one.

Met up with 2 guys looting the docks.. they got all the good gear(electro)

So I wasnt a threat to them, we decided it was smart(ish) idea to check out the fire station. We head on over and im on point cause I have a Hatchet! suddenly I see 2 guys with AK's one of them spots me and instantly starts shooting(he hits once out of his entire clip) I keep running and ducking between the buildings and one of the players on our group went down, as one of theirs went down. Less than 20 silent seconds later my other friend goes down to the remaining AK player. I waited and looked at the dead bodies till the final player comes out of the woodwork of the buildings and begins to loot.

BAM!

Your friendly neighborhood hatchet man is here!

I loot all 4 bodies, and I make my way over in between the fire station, supermarket, restaurant and office.

Waited a good 20 mins, looted some things then went back to my spot in between the 3 buildings and in no time flat had everythign repopulated

I saw 1 player in the rest, 1 in the office, 2 in the supermarket.

I asked in direct chat on coms "Friendly?"

And 3 of them insta replied.. Now that all of them were aware of each other, hilarity ensued as they all ran out and kill each other. (Apparently 1 friendly person is ok... but 4 friendly people is "PANIC!") last guy standing atracted the zeds, didnt have time to loot and died trying to get back into the firestation... Due to a tanktrap.

I continue looting... I am now fully geared up, head into the woods, and see a silhouette on the horizon far far above Elektro. I fire one round. INSTALOGGED!

Im like... hmm.. Finally made it into the woods, not far from where he logged, and I hear one inconvenient foot step.I swing my gun around he puts a winchester in my gut and my blood down to 3k, and i put 3 G17 rounds in his head.

He dies, I live and in only 45 short minutes, im all set to hunt animals, and head to NW :D

So to sum up... 2 friendlies and 7 baddies, but I reckon if I had a real gun, the friendlies wouldve shot me too.

if one has a weapon, and didn't announce his intentions in DC, i shoot on sight. i don't care if you are friendly or want to help me or whatnot. use your bloody mic or die.

the other day i met a guy with a hatchet, he indeed was friendly and really nice, gave me a morphine because i needed some for a friend.

if one has a weapon' date=' and didn't announce his intentions in DC, i shoot on sight. i don't care if you are friendly or want to help me or whatnot. use your bloody mic or die.[/quote']

This.

This is how I play. I try to help everyone I come across, but if someone has a weapon, and doesn't respond to the Direct Communications, then I will shoot

I had a Makarov with Epi-Pens, Morphine, and Bloodbags tonight, found a survivor knocked out in Zelenogorsk on the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen server. He had a .50cal with lots of gear. I could've killed him and taken his stuff, but I know the pain of working hard for your gear.

So I helped him up, bloodbagged him, and in return, he game me a PDW with a few mags.

I have never been aggressive towards another player but have been shot on several occasions. I tried to help a player when I finally got a gun, killed some Zeds around him, he walked over to me and shot me...........last time I do that, from now on if you don't make contact with me and I see you, I will post a hello, if nothing I will shoot.

most times up too 4 ,5 but i walways get shot when i make a campfire you also may ask about sitting near me instead shooting me

for me it's been

1 good, six or eight bad.

I've been shot by peopled I couldn't see, by people who I spoke with via mic to team up only to be shot in the back a few minutes later.

Shot in buildings trying to gear up by people who must have followed me in.

I had one death trying to out run a zombie. I was sprinting through the flats headed for the hills and was shot head on by a guy laying in the grass... I didn't see him until I was falling to the ground to die... I was running right at him with zombies in tow... I don't blame him for shooting me.

Last night, I was about to log out because it was late. I decided to gear up first. I was in kamenka and saw a guy go in way ahead of me. I went in and triggered a zombie as I left a house. On the west side of town there are no hills. i ran all over through the woods trying to lose the zombie and then decided I screw it, I'll run right through town and clear out the zombies for that guy and then head to the hills. On my sprint through town I had like eight zombies behind me and this guy comes running up beside me and has me follow him to safety... That one guy makes me want to play even more despite the number of "WTF!" deaths i've had.

I think I'm more frustrated from deaths due to dehydration. I have the worst luck finding water bottles.

Even though the deaths are frustrating at times, I've made some great solo last stands out of desperation to get gear... those choices of "well I die here slowly or risk going in and living." are what make it fun for me. Standing off in a house with little or no ammo because your dehydrated and needed a water bottle/source... tons of fun for me.

Funny the question should be:

How many times you got shot before you meet good people? (at which point you will probably shoot them)

Got KOS by snipers 6 or 7 times now, one of which I first said "hi" to, might have triggered his badass killer instinct.

One time I teamed up with s/o (Hi "Roman") but then we got KOS from snipers.

The other night I met a guy who first wanted to kill me with his makarov (shot me as I laid in the grass doing exactly nothing), but stopped when I cursed at him like crazy, what the flying f*ck he was thinking and whether he REALLY thought I was threat to anyone with my stupid hatchet. He apologized and actually even had the decency to give me morphine but then went on lone-wolfing (good luck, "Deadman").

There's very very few decent people in game. Most players you'll encounter think they get a prize, weapon unlock or cake* for 50 kills or something like that, so they'll be dumb, unfriendly and obnoxiously proud of their imaginary 1337 5|{!11Z.

Imho it is rewarding to try to talk to everyone you meet, though. A lot more interesting then left-klicking.

*It's a lie folks, don't buy it!

Oh yesterday I had been respawning only to be killed by players around 12 times in 2 hours..

I respawned in Cherno on UK5 server I started looting the cafe's and found myself a makarov with a few bullets, the rest of my gear was nonexistent but some food and drink came in handy!

As I walk back to the other side of the cafe from the front to the back under the stairs, a lee enfield barrel sticks through the door and aims for me, in a fit of panic due to not knowing what my mic button was I unloaded 6 bullets into him and ran away, he panicked and fired a shot before running away and drew the whole zombie horde of cherno onto that cafe!

5 seconds after this incident I hear on direct mic: Holy shit, you almost got me im on 34.2 blood. I profusely apologize and we kill the horde, loot the cafe, and head over to the firestation. I give him my food supply to get his health back to 1k, so he can atleast take a hit and he gives me ts3 details. We continue to play for 6 hours during which we went to the hospital, looted the apartments, circled round back towards cherno, sorted out the barns, we carry on for another hour or so.. and the battleeye client kicked us both off... never saw or spoke to him again :(

I don't count shoot-on-sight as being a bandit. Actively hunting for players is being a bandit. If I see someone and they have a gun...they are going down. If they are unarmed and in a city, then the same applies. They could easily find an enfield and gun me down. If I see someone unarmed, middle o nowhere / on the coast, they can live.

Camping Cherno/Elektro/Airfield/Stary is being a bandit. Shooting on sight is being cautious. (Most people will disagree, but I'm not taking any chances.)

I'm a new player and I have been shot on sight by the first 8 people I met.

I tried the usual stuff like lowering my gun and communicating but they all seemed to panick and dumped their entire magazine into me.

It has been educational.

Now I slowly inch my way through the environment gliding from cover to cover listening intently for any sign of zeds or new friends to meet.

The exposed metal parts of my axe have been dulled with soot so it's glint doesn't give me away in the pale moonlight and it's edge has been covered in a thin layer of feces to ensure the slow demise of anyone unfortunate enough to feel it's kiss.

The axe casually rests in the crook of my arm ready to be brought down in a fluid arc that will split a cranium with easy.

On my back is an old canvas backpack bulging with the weight of many yellow fleshlights.

Hello there friend!

No need to be startled!

Looking for supplies?

That is a lovely fleshlight you have there?

One can never have too many don't you think?

Look! More hidden footprints!

*crack!*

How many good people do you meet before you get shot?

0 (ZERO)