Sign in to follow this  
Baker.

Twig Snapping Sound + Bear Cubs + Deer in Heat

Suggest the player (based on terrain class) generate random twig snapping sounds other players can hear when slow walking. (we've all seen this in movies). Could be a really low value on the random function just as long as there is a chance of it happening. The value could become lower based on the strength of a related soft skill (fox walking). 

Secondly. When bears are implemented it would be nice if their behavior was based on the presence of cubs. Meaning they would be far more agressive and likley to attack they were accompanied by cubs. This same logic could be applied to deer as well (i.e the buck attacks if he's protecting his fawn).  Additionally the buck or bear could be in heat and display a rutting animation to warn players of its agitated state. (have had a close friend hospitalized by a moose in heat). 

A wonderful film that really illustrates how the bears might behave is "Grizzly Man" 

Edited by Baker.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Anzotic
      What better way to build your game than to show and work with the people that still to this day defend and stand by this game.
      Maybe post some screenshots of the team making and developing some items and such or other little things to twitter or somewhere else.
      We all like to be updated on something especially on an Early Access game that's been out for awhile and have high hopes for.
    • By Clayztobi
      Hi there, just looking to help with a suggestion or two.
      So issue with zombies being too (buggy) strong, which is killing the dayz experience. Suggestion to cure that is simple even though as a Dev you may not think so. Ponder this, if you were to reduce your current zombies speed to a minimal, speed increase the population, and raise their sense range, you would end up with a hearding affect. (Which would make an overwhelmed player feel like they deserved their fate)
      Also to counter the slow zombies you would have to dupe the code and, reduce thier sense range, speed them up, and reduce their population to a way lower quantity. This way would cause the player to still be cautious with a chance of oh $hit on top.
      Now I don't expect this to be agreed with.. Yet I believe this would get your team heading the right direction with the zombies for the beta.
      Thank you and Keep up the momentum..
    • By Baker.
      I propose a great way to add variety of objects without much work. 
      Take some of the existing house models and reshade the siding textures. Would make each settlement much more unique. I realize these would need to be their own model but i propose the install size has lots of headroom in it. 
      Such as 

in addition to