Sign in to follow this  
priit mölder

Recent secret update?

Hello

Following a steam update, I find DayZ mod balancing change: 

Zombies spawn in greater numbers (about 30% more). Also, zombie aggro behavior is different: 1 zombie aggros 50m away while 10m away zombies (often 2-3) dont detect at all. Used to get 3-4 zombie packs, now its 6-8, depending on location. Dont mind zombie changes, its actually fun now. 

Item spawning in barracks and military camps is down and have medicine/food/general items mixed in.

Before the new settings, 6 restarts worth or rotations: barracks spawned a weapon option in every building. Could get a rare attachement (like silencers, rail scopes, binoculars/nv goggles). Have to say, super rare weapons like snipers and FN FAL did not spawn at all. But AK-74, M16 and SA-85 were present very often. Also, large variety of ammo. Did not get any food or general items (like plastic containers and empty cans) and occasional medicals (wipes, bandages, painkillers, injectors). 

After new settings, 6 restarts worth of rotations: barracks spawn 1-2 weapons for all three and that not EVERY spawn refresh, ammotypes are similar all the time (G36, stanag, AK-74 and SA-85). No rare scopes or attachments (found 2 SA-85 RIS and a Kobra scope).  Spawns now include empty cans, plastic containers, paper sheets, food and more frequent medicals). Also, the spawns are empty often. 

Examined ALL airstrips and military camps in Vanilla server. Did 1 restart worth (4hrs) of rotation in every location to ensure items did spawn. Data is based on a vanilla server with 3 players

UK420 vanilla+ (with added buildings) and 50+ players. Farmed a Vanilla+ location with 3 barracks and red house near Kamenka (two room). All found items were "donated" to other players who spawned there or rotated to see potential kills. 

No secret update for sure. I run a server and am on the dev discord.

DayZMod updated to 1.8.9 a month ago, so there's that.

Zombie Max is controlled by the server.

1.8.9 added a few items to barracks (NVG, M249, something else), but didn't change the rest

Weapons spawns are chance based, so sometimes you get lucky too.

Some of the things you are asking about could be changed by the server owner, some are part of the code core. Suggest you ask Term on the UK420 discord.

Hello

Did some more farming and the score is same for BOTH servers:

I get SA85 RIS attachment, AK-74 ammoboxes, lots of Bizons and occasional G17/M9. Extremly rarely I get something else than AK-74 or M16. Also, I spawn 9mm supressors, rarely 5.45 supressor and GP-25 underslungs. Got M203 only once. Also, the ammo spawn is very similar on both servers: ith either a single stanag, G36 or an assortment of handgun ammo. Rarely machinegun ammo (which was also up before the mysterious drop). 

Got a couple of vanilla heli crashes: 

1st Mil17 crash had SA85 RIS, AK74, bizon and 2 cans of food. 

2nd Mil17 crash had SVD with no ammo and empty soda cans. 

I would not call it a coincidence that both servers spawn pretty much similar loot at military spawns. Or should I count it off to extreme un-luck?

you're saying the loot is similar and thats an issue? There are loot tables with certain items spawning at certain types of locations (military, residential, crash, farm, etc).  Even military locations have a set list.

The barracks and crashes have always been weighted toward eastern weapons, not nato. 

not sure what other server you are testing, but ask the owner.

Yeah, I know about the loot tables in different locations. And yes, I understand devs reduced loot chance.

But that does not explain why I find these things ALL the time: 

SA-85, AK-74, M16. Rarely AK-47M and SVD. Very rarely RPK-74. And thats it, no additional machineguns 
Ammoboxes contain only AK-74, SA and STANAG ammo. Very rarely I get 1 clip of either G36/SVD/M24/DMR ammo. 
I find Sa-85 RIS reguraly, rifle flashlights and rarely KOBRA attachement. 9mm supressors very often. and GP-25s, tho the ammo for that is very rare. 
And Bizons...omg how many bizons. And MP5s although they are rare?
Secondary weapon spawning is normal for some reason: get a variety of M1911, G17 and M9 with ammo. 

Also, a rare smoke grenade and lots of food. 

Not complaining: just observation. Asked Term on UK420: he knows nothing. 

2-3 weeks ago, the military locations spawned much better loot: various machineguns, rifles (ofc not the super rare G36) and handguns. Also alot more attachments and different ammo in ammo boxes. And no food except MREs. 

But I guess I have to write all of this to extreme bad luck...