DonSurge

Dayz Changed My Life

Ok this is quite literally the first time that I have ever written in forums period. With that being said I would like to tell the tale of how DayZ has completely changed my life. it all begins with my buddy Kevin gifting me the game since I could not afford it at the time. I did not only enjoy the game but was completely spell bound by its beauty and realism. if that wasn't enough within my first five minutes I was kidnapped by two guys that said they were taking me to a ritual sacrifice. This all before I even knew how to use push to talk. My buddy Kevin came to Three Valleys all on just me describing my surrounding since I did not know the map well at the time. He laid out one of my captors trying to free me, but had to retreat since he could not spot the other who in 20 seconds time came out of a bush and killed me realizing that I called in for back up. This is just my first experience of which I'm sure we've all had a handful. What really changed my life since playing this game is the friendships I have made through surviving in Chernarus. Specifically a friend named Cubb, we ended up playing non stop for a while and when I was in need of a job he referred me to his company. I got the job and can work from Ecuador(where I live), which is huge. Minimum wage here is 380 us dollars. This was going well for about a month, until I get laid off. I was among the 300 out of 400 that got let go without being told that the position we were working was temporary. Now this sounds awful (because it's shit), but the reality now is that due to me being laid off. A lot of my friends that I met I had met in game had not only suggested but were pushing me to start streaming. I wasn't for it before, but considering how hard I got owned by my job I felt this is the most reasonable thing to do, especially since it is what I enjoy. Being social and playing video games. I never even gave streaming a thought. Hell, I thought it just wasn't for me, but now that I have gotten a feel for it I truly do enjoy it and couldn't imagine doing anything else. I just started a couple weeks ago under www.twitch.tv/DonSurgeTv. I just wanted to give a huge shout out to the Dev team and everyone and anyone involved in the creation of this game. It is like none other and has without a doubt changed my life for the better. Without DayZ , I can without exaggeration say that I would not have a clear path in life right now. I can't thank the community and everyone involved once again.

• Like 5

dayz changed my life too.  can't walk through a hardware store without doing a mental checklist of things I've killed zombies with. :-p