As bear traps also will trap infected I can see uses for other players as well.

Pointless' date=' its quicker to shoot a zombie in the head than to carry and setup a bear trap to kill 1 zombie!

So as i said just another tool for players to piss off other players with.

[/quote']

Maybe it can be used to block a doorway. A zombie gets stuck on the beartrap and can't walk past another zombies. That would be one target of use.

Zeds should run in buildings for sure.. as it stands they are sooo easy to lose or kill via this building exploit. Gonna make the game a hell of a lot harder.. but much improved.

Bear traps.. great idea if the exploits can be reduced. I don't understand 'duping' or how you exploit these things.. nor do i want to know. But i have seen the wire everywhere thing.. luckily 99% of the time they are placed where they serve no purpose or hindrance. What a waste of time.

- Zombies running in buildings!

- Bear traps

- Tank traps

- Wire fencing.

As the game stands, all these items have a negative effect on gameplay because of the exploitng issues such as:

- disconnecting and reconnecting to lose zombies

- server hopping buildings for loot

- duplicating items.

So at the moment your giving the exploiters a greater advantage over non-exploiters by adding more stuff!

Please fix the exploiting before going ahead and implementing any more features!

Exploiting aside at this stage (it is an alpha in case some of you had forgotten) I think bear traps will be an interesting addition. People seem to be focusing on what you can do with them if you're a typical script kiddie. You could use them to:

- Line a perimeter if you're making base or not planning on moving for a while

- Bandits can use them to trap players with bait i.e tents or loot

- If you think you're being tailed by another player, used in door ways and corridors.

It sounds as though people are worried about stumbling on them. Well, just be careful then, they're huge. It's unlikely someone will put them out in the growth or where theres nothing around. It just adds to the realism IMO

Zombies running inside, I think with how erratic they are at the moment and the bugs that it's too early for this to be implemented. Exploit issues also need to be addressed before adding more content or further items.

Although last night a combat DC caused a guy I killed to duplicate his loot for me, so that was nice of him.

the devs should be fixing some of the major issues before adding in new tech.

server hopping, alt/f4ing, duping, hacking, barbed wire, zombies glitching... i could go on. all more important than adding bear traps.

Pointless' date=' its quicker to shoot a zombie in the head than to carry and setup a bear trap to kill 1 zombie!

[/quote']

Dude ... you could lead a horde into a building, trap one zombie, everyone else gets stuck, then throw in a grenade or go full auto on them just for fun. On top of that sometimes I want to continue looting a house and personally hate it when random zombies come walking in, so with a bear trap you could keep em away until you are done looting, then shoot. There are many viable uses.

Which is exactly what they are going for with 1.7.2 - better stability & security.

Anyway its just Rocket experimenting around with some stuff, its still alpha so better test it now than later. As he said "Where's your sense of adventure?" :-D

[/quote']

Dude ... you could lead a horde into a building, trap one zombie, everyone else gets stuck, then throw in a grenade or go full auto on them just for fun. On top of that sometimes I want to continue looting a house and personally hate it when random zombies come walking in, so with a bear trap you could keep em away until you are done looting, then shoot. There are many viable uses.

Which is exactly what they are going for with 1.7.2 - better stability & security.

Anyway its just Rocket experimenting around with some stuff' date=' its still alpha so better test it now than later. As he said "Where's your sense of adventure?" :-D

[/quote']

it died when i could not enter elektro due to the entire city surrounded and covered in wire.

server hopping' date=' alt/f4ing, duping, hacking, barbed wire, zombies glitching... i could go on. all more important than adding bear traps.

[/quote']

True.

Right now only the fence spamming is making me switch a server, also because of the graphical glitches that make it unplayable.

With bear traps added I will server hop the shit out of this game.

I'm all for bear traps if they can be disabled like any real life bear traps (i.e. with any kind of stick or rock). If we need another kind of specialized equipment like toolkits it's going to be another case of wirefencing going crazy.

Zombies running in buildings - yeah... if they stop moving in this strange zig-zag-teleport-glitch-through-anything manner.

I think bear traps would be awesome IF there is a way to disable them without walking on them.

I also would like trip wire fences to be removed, as they are just a stupid way to block people getting into looting spots. There is no real reason for them.

Bear traps sound cool in zombie apocalypse context but in the current mmorpg style farming murders and nvgs context it will be a pain in the ass.

Put a bear trap infront of the barracks and camp from 800 meters with long range sniper rifle. Previously people would run in making it hard to hit them, now they have to stop to remove the trap and bang one down automatically.

Same goes for every building in cherno/elektro. This will give griefers an advantage and barely change anything for organised groups (unless you find like 50 you ain't going to effectively bear trap up your camp perimeter and besides, you don't really need to especially if players can remove them anyway).

I just worry that for groups you will have to have a sacrificial player to take down bear traps and for new starters they will simply be stuffed. Do you guys really think people aren't going to drop like three in bushes around deer stands just for the shit of it? Or the other side of the enterable wall at the balota medical tents?

Bear traps would be cool if we really had to survive (guns rare, ammo rare etc, more apocalyptic in general) but as it stands it will only support murdering for fun.

wait your not able to un-arm the bear traps....see...this is the shit that...just makes me not play this game night and day...or even daily sometimes weekly...

Well until logic is made relevant i shall continue to ...do what i do

Hey guys' date=' I'm pretty new to the DayZ mod but have been playing for about 3-4 weeks now. I'm not looking to start a flame war or anything of the sort, but I would really like to understand the logic behind some of the changes being made in 1.7.2 I've been reading about across the internet(They may not be true, but I'm going to assume they are for the sake of this post.)

From what I've been reading Rocket is planning on having zombies running inside buildings, I understand they have no real legitimate reason to walk inside buildings and such.. But the current situation with the buggy nature of zombies coming through walls and such seems this would merely create a whole new set of problems with the game(This is of course my opinion, I would gladly gear the logic to support this change but I cannot comprehend it at the moment.)

Fucking bear traps. I don't really know what to say about this when medical supplies are camped on just about every server with over 20-25 people. Since I'm going to assume they're probably going to do something along the lines of breaking your leg as well as make you bleed at the same time, perhaps even forcing you to be stuck in place until you can "un-arm" the trap. This is going to create a very, very dangerous experience in the areas where there is good loot. I am not a carebear, I love a hard game that makes me play very cautiously.. I just think a trap that would do something like what i mentioned above is out of line and un-needed.. I would much rather see new items in the game like kevlar/armor piercing rounds to counter it. A larger reward for working in a group as surviors/bandits. Perhaps some kind of HQ for bandits/survivors as well where firing is disabled inside the building and would allow players to make it some kind of a trading hub.. This is just my rambling but if anyone can justify the logic of these changes I would gladly keep an open mind about them.

Thanks for reading this far if you managed to make it all the way through my post, hoping for some constructive posts to read! :

[/quote']

Funny whenever i post similar topics ever now and again dealing with how coop needs more incentive all i get is flame from the PVP whores...

P.S The trade hub ya thought about a long time ago discussed with buddies, and the whole DMZ idea is good on paper but if you think hard enough it will be nothing but a hunting ground since bandits will just camp out side and even server hop (if the DMZ zones are set locations)...cause bandits are pussies...who just trump others in a game because they can't do so in real life...i calls um as a sees um