projectarmod

Fall damage rework

This game has excellent damage simulation, except when falling comes into the equation. So far, I have seen many aspects of the game improved from it's ArmA counterpart, but like ArmA, this game cannot handle any kind of falling. 

I've had experiences wherein, I walk down a flight of stairs and fly down to the bottom and break a leg. Not too much to handle, except when this happens I'm always at the top of a large building ;(  Falling from guard towers often results in death from me(About a 4m or so fall, bugger all really.)

I agree the immediate death needs reworking but falling from a guard tower in full gear IRL would result in a leg injury that wouldn't be cured with a simple morphine shot.

There was a website that tested how far a human could withstand falling while wearing 50+ lbs of gear to test the game's realism and they found it wasn't that far at all.

The counter argument is IRL people have a lot more spatial awareness and control of their bodies compared to an in-game character will probably ever have.

So it's finding the right amount of realism in fall damage paired with the right amount of fantasy in withstanding damage that allows people to have a realistic but not incredibly hindering game experience.

Edited by SFRGaming
  • Like 1

This has been a problem since the very beginning. But if you are new here just know that it most likely is being worked on. Here is is WIP content on that: