Sign in to follow this  
uSauce

Server Browser FPS DROPS

HI FOLKS,

ive been having issues with the server browser. every time i want to change server  and i go to the server browser  i get a massive fps drops. (1-10 fps) while is seeking servers when is done with the search my fps goes back to normal. i dont know why is this happening and what to do to fix it.

i need some help

thanks !

I had a similar problem ever since 0.62 came out and I still do. It doesn't happen when in the server browser after a fresh start of the game. This only happens when I disconnect from the first server I played on and get back to the server browser. The search gets done and all of the servers are already shown on the list with no problems at all. It doesn't matter if any the filters I use are on or off. After maybe a minute of looking through it, suddenly the FPS drops to 1-2. Anyway, once it drops, it doesn't ever get back to normal FPS at all and all the game menus are almost non-responsive. I need to push ESC to get out to the main menu and click like crazy on EXIT button to get out of the game eventually and restart.

• Thanks 1

It is the same with me.

However, I have always considered this to be a "steamoverlay cause" because I was only longer in the server browser when chatting with others. (The input then reacts about 4x slower than the fps shown to you.)

13 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

It is the same with me.

However, I have always considered this to be a "steamoverlay cause" because I was only longer in the server browser when chatting with others. (The input then reacts about 4x slower than the fps shown to you.)

Yeah, that steam overlay issue maybe could explain the problem. I didn't use chat at those moments though. This was purely looking through the list, or even just leaving the server browser menu on while I get up and go fetch something for example, so the computer was not doing anything at all. I use the steam fps counter and you could see that it suddenly just drops, together with ambiance sounds getting choppy. Sometimes it only drops to about 10-15 fps, so the menu responsiveness gets a bit slower but after I get into another game, it's okay on the server itself.

What's worse, I don't know when will it happen exactly. Maybe after I change only one or a couple of servers. I guess I'm pretty superficial in explaining and testing this issue so far. I'd try to keep an eye on this in the future and experiment with steam overlay to see if that could solve the issue. I saw there are some options in steam settings to fiddle with.