Sign in to follow this  
stilton

Why does it still feel like im 'driving' a tank, instead of a dude wearing a t-shirt.

On 4/10/2017 at 6:33 AM, IMT said:

Ugh, another uninformed/misinformed user, something which is maybe too hard for the average forum user.

If you actually read up on the development you would've known that they are busy with a brand new player controller which is going to make controlling your character much more fluently. Also, the issue you mentioned is something I haven't read about so it's only you or an handful of other players. Rather then blaming the developers, maybe take a look at your own setup. Maybe there is an input device which messes up? I had this issue in Arma 2 where I couldn't look around with alt and that was because of a virtual input device.

I'm so sick of these threads where people spew shit out of their mouths but are misinformed, scratch that, uninformed.

Yes we have to degrade ourselves sometimes to help others.....

Another note OP, i can agree on some things in regards to the feel of the character. Some issues are just 3rd person and not 1st person. (i reported many of these bugs as 3rd person) then noticed the same bug wasn't always 1st person related.

The biggest one was desync, while driving. (at one point etc)

I hope the best for dayz really i do, it is a very decent game concept, and will go far once we get the best tools to mod it too.

On 10.4.2017 at 10:23 AM, stilton said:

Maybe my post was too long for attention span of the average forum user..Lets try these key points in bold.

Back in 2015 i mentioned the way the game handles 'movement'  and the constant communication between client / server. The game essentially moves your character about.. You can 'feel' this whilst playing the game. Sometimes you feel like you are 'fighting' your own character, or you get rubber banded about.

Is everyone happy with this?  

The slowness or inertia u experience when u move is meant to simulate the same inertia u experience in the real world when u move ur body. If u think about it u dont move around like u do in most FPS games. Ur body has mass and therfor its perfectly realistic to have inertia. Most gamers are not used to it in games.

And yes im happy with it. If they should change anything about movement, they should slow down the sidestepping movement.

• Like 1