Sign in to follow this  
AlaskaNinja

Realism of Ghillie crafting

Hey fellow survivors!

So i'm wondering why I can't just take my trusty knife and cut off strips of the Camo Ghillie netting that is literally everywhere (military blinds, military camo netting tarps, military tent camps) to craft a Ghillie suit?  

Another thought I had is: how does a burlap sac make ONE burlap strip, every time?  Shouldn't there at least be a chance to make a realistic amount?  Assuming I don't mess it up while cutting strips shouldn't i be able to get like 5 per bag? (the animation prompt literally says cut into STRIPS, as in plural, or multiple, or many, or more than one)

I think it would also be nice to craft winter Ghille suits, to do this I would personally just use rags from a white nurse dress and rags from a gray tactical jacket.  

And one last note, these farmers that left their burlap sacks behind before the zombie apocalypse... how do they just have one? Ever, always?  Wouldn't you need more than one if you were storing grain, bailing hay, etc?  Most farmers tend to have at least several if not hundreds of burlap sacks around depending on the scale of their operations, and some of the farms in day z are literally massive... they would need hundreds of burlap sacks in the barn.  I understand vehicles are rare, I understand guns are rare, because there are really no realistic substitutes for these items... but burlap?  If it wasn't so frustrating it would be downright laughable, but this is after countless hours of searching sheds and barns and it's just really getting to me (if i had to estimate i would say 15+ hours spent looking for burlap, probably more considering i spent 6 hours today and i literally found 1 sack).

I can see the materials i need to make a Ghillie suit, they are literally everywhere.  To be perfectly honest it would be best if you could just use fresh brush and grass along with a sewing kit or some duct tape.  

Coming from someone who has done this for fun in real life many times, it's really not that hard, and certainly should not be this time consuming in a game.   

Thank you for your time, your input, and your understanding!

You'd have everyone running around in ghillies then, I agree with you, but its done the way it is at the moment to maintain a proper balance.