Sign in to follow this  
skynet83

Dayz the ultimate stealth simulator?

There was a time when i played mgs games dreaming of the ultimate stealth/survival experience and then one day dayz came along and i was in love. I think Dayz is the ultimate stealth experience more so than mgs. But i think dayz is missing some stealth elements that the refined mgs games had and some others that where not in mgs.

It would be great if you could hide in a box next to some other box's, or hide in a cupboard or under a bed or table, or climb a tree and jump down on top of someone. In mgs 3 it was possible to disguise yourself as a crocodile, maybe in dayz we could use an animal pelt to disguise ourselves as animals and mimic there movements with animations. It has been said many times, but the ability to mimic a zombie would be great.

I cannot wait for base building. I have no intention of building a base, but i want to infiltrate one like snake infiltrated shadow moses, right under the noses of a clan. I want to evade spot lights, cut fences, crawl in air conditioning ducts, use a rope to climb up and over and drop down. I want to grab somebodys throat from behind and put a knife to it, and have them struggle by spamming adadadada. You could take hostages to aid your escape once discovered. I want to use decoy grenades that mimic gun fire, smokes, flash bangs. uhh man it could be such a juicy experience.

I cant wait for the gamma exploit to be fixed, we are missing out on night play, i want to appear in the middle of a group of bandits dressed just lke one of there guys and have them be confused for a second while i kill a couple.

It would be great if we could cover our character in mud and hug a tree like Arnie in predator. or press against a wall having camoflaged yourself with the right clothing to look invisible. Or maybe having acquired a bag of artists paints you could craft/camoflauge your clothing to a nearby texture you are looking at with your crosshair, the game could sample the texture kind of like snakes adaptive camo from mgs4.

If there is any stealth lovers out there and you have any suggestions please add them to the thread.

Edited by skynet83
  • Like 1