Blanketparty

Shooting zombie while sprinting away from them

While running from a horde of zombies triggered from shooting one in the head. It occurred to me that its really silly that

we cant sprint forward and use the swivel button (Alt) to look back at the zombies and fire a handgun at them. Now that zombies are highly effective

in groups i think it would be a nice addition to the game. As of right now you have to turn your whole body around point and shoot.

Its extremely  clunky and annoying. Sure it works but i would imagine that it real life you could easily point backwards and fire a handgun

while running  away from the threat. Thoughts???

Edited by Blanketparty

I understand what you mean and its a cool idea, but even gta 5 (with the fast movement it has) dont use that function.

Instead, if you have a good player controller that allows you to stop and aim while you walk backwards, all that in less than 1 second, the idea of "shooting back" becomes useless.

Im talking something like this: (Check minute 4:08 for example).

Just my thoughts... xD

Well this isn't a Michael Bay movie.  Also the chance of even hitting anything while running and shooting behind you is extremely unlikely and would only alert more infected to you.

On 2/13/2017 at 0:23 PM, Guy Smiley said:

Well this isn't a Michael Bay movie.  Also the chance of even hitting anything while running and shooting behind you is extremely unlikely and would only alert more infected to you.

lol really? you think that just running forward and shooting backwards is much of a reach? I just find it really annoying in the current edition of the game that you have to practically stop turn around shoot your pistol, risk getting hit , and then turn back around and continue running away. It feels really clunky. I understand they're adding a new controller. but i just feel like they're missing out on a really interesting gameplay mechanic using the head swivel button. and yes it would be inaccurate/ potentially alert infected or survivors near by. But thats the point, I see it as sort of a last ditch effort. Or simply just a cool defense mechanism you can use. Kind of like blind firing over a wall, but more accurate since you can actually look back, run forward, and shoot behind you. i feel like it's much more possible than you're making it out to be honestly. But anyways, thanks for the input.

On 2/13/2017 at 11:40 AM, Asmondian said:

I understand what you mean and its a cool idea, but even gta 5 (with the fast movement it has) dont use that function.

Instead, if you have a good player controller that allows you to stop and aim while you walk backwards, all that in less than 1 second, the idea of "shooting back" becomes useless.

Im talking something like this: (Check minute 4:08 for example).

Just my thoughts... xD

Hmm, I've considered the controller being the issue. the current one just grinds my gears. I think you're right, but Im still going to stand my ground for the idea. I think it would be interesting to implement for the swivel mechanic. But i do see what you mean, I dont think it makes it any less absurd though as he does lose speed turning around, aiming and firing. Im talking about maintaining that sprinting speed and firing with a handgun. Not necessarily having fluid animations and movement.(although that would be a big plus)and  Yeah it will be inaccurate. But i can see these  types of kills feeling very rewarding, be that players or just zombies.

1 hour ago, Blanketparty said:

lol really? you think that just running forward and shooting backwards is much of a reach? I just find it really annoying in the current edition of the game that you have to practically stop turn around shoot your pistol, risk getting hit , and then turn back around and continue running away. It feels really clunky. I understand they're adding a new controller. but i just feel like they're missing out on a really interesting gameplay mechanic using the head swivel button. and yes it would be inaccurate/ potentially alert infected or survivors near by. But thats the point, I see it as sort of a last ditch effort. Or simply just a cool defense mechanism you can use. Kind of like blind firing over a wall, but more accurate since you can actually look back, run forward, and shoot behind you. i feel like it's much more possible than you're making it out to be honestly. But anyways, thanks for the input.

Well as long as they add a tripping mechanic to go along with it I do see this feasible.   Also, looking back should slow you down