DemonGroover

Day Z Gamestyle Discussion

In the past my gameplay style was simple - i tried to survive by being as cautious as possible and not shooting people on sight. I lone wolfed it most of the time.

However i have come to realise that this style not only can be incredibly boring but after you do get some good gear you become ultra paranoid to the point of not wanting to move for fear of a sniper shot.

So what i am going to do now is rotate my gamestyles every respawn:

1) Survivor, friendly when possible

2) Player killing Bandit Psycho

3) Batshit mental (i havennt worked out what this means yet but i am open to suggestions)

Apart from group play are there any other styles i should try?

Bat shit mental. Charge thru towns, barely ditch zeds, loot while getting hit. My cousin's the sneaky sneaky. His rule is, if I provide the blood bags, he'll heal me :P

4) Hatchet zombies around the Elektro Fire Station while collecting and handing out equipment to any passers by.

I'd like to get a car and be a taxi - one ride = 1 can of beans

Very good thread.

My style is go to Elektro, get some good gear, head north get some good weapons and then survive in the woods occasionally raiding small towns...

I am a mixture of 1 and 2. I will just plain try to survive and won't go looking for trouble with other players, however if I encounter another player I will try and kill them for their stuff. ;)

I want to help "characterize" Batshit Mental if you don't mind =D.

I suggest doing things such as;

Hoarding items for no reason (empty cans o' beans?)

Trying to get as many zombies chasing you as possible and lead them into players hehehe >:O

Go to dangerous/popular cities and do a dance

Spam chat with randomness, especially if the server has Global chat

Gather as many flares as possible and make fireworks in a random area

Find out the maximum altitude you can jump from and survive

Try to make a very LONG trail of worthless items leading to the ocean

I'm trying out the mountain man approach. Hopefully I can make myself some clothing out of animal skin and grow a wicked beard. A guys gotta have a dream.

I want to help "characterize" Batshit Mental if you don't mind =D.

I suggest doing things such as;

Hoarding items for no reason (empty cans o' beans?)

Trying to get as many zombies chasing you as possible and lead them into players hehehe >:O

Go to dangerous/popular cities and do a dance

Spam chat with randomness' date=' especially if the server has Global chat

Gather as many flares as possible and make fireworks in a random area

Find out the maximum altitude you can jump from and survive

Try to make a very LONG trail of worthless items leading to the ocean

[/quote']

Ha ha! I like the idea of making trails or even spelling things out (if possible) with useless items. Hell why not spell out hello with rifles and other weapons?

In the past my gameplay style was simple - i tried to survive by being as cautious as possible and not shooting people on sight. I lone wolfed it most of the time.

However i have come to realise that this style not only can be incredibly boring but after you do get some good gear you become ultra paranoid to the point of not wanting to move for fear of a sniper shot.

1) Survivor' date=' friendly when possible

3) Batshit mental (i havennt worked out what this means yet but i am open to suggestions)

[/quote']

Search for top notch gear only, avoid all fights, sneak, sneak, run forrest run, untill you have every good and rare item in the game:)

Then go on rampage and lose everything its after all only some pixels right:)

1) Survivor' date=' friendly when possible

[/quote']

Search for top notch gear only, avoid all fights, sneak, sneak, run forrest run, untill you have every good and rare item in the game:)

Then go on rampage and lose everything its after all only some pixels right:)

Too right - i think you definitely get too attached to your good gear and lose sight of the fun and games you can have.