Windstride

Unable to shoot when too close to a wall / Gun clipping walls possible fix

I dont know if there is anything like that planned for the new animation system and new player controller system, but i think that guns clipping through walls are rather terrible, even more in a game like Dayz when some times, it can give away your position.
I suggest that when the player is facing a wall or any kind of high structure and he's too close to it, he is unable to aim/shoot his gun, he points it down/upwards. The longer the gun, further the player would need to be from the wall in order to shoot.

If the player have a pistol, he would be unable to shoot only if he is REALLY close to the wall. If he have a big rifle with a silencer attached to it, he would need to be further away from the wall in order to shoot, making it harder to fight using very long guns in small/closed environments.

Hope to see it ingame in the future and sorry about my english!

15590973_10211830888075751_1623132008403

image from PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Alpha build

• Like 1

Good suggestion but what if you are in a house or backed into a wall by zombies and need to fire.

7 hours ago, ShallowTech said:

Good suggestion but what if you are in a house or backed into a wall by zombies and need to fire.

If you are with your back turned to the wall there is no problem, you should be unable to shoot only if you are facing the wall and are too close to it.

If you are in a house, well, i think you should have gave it a though if it would be a good idea to go to combat inside a small house with a SVD in your hands xD

Yet, i think if the zombie is too close to you and youre carrying a big gun, i think its ok if you cant shoot, imagine shooting an infected with a mosin, he is right in front of you, attacking you, you shouldnt be really sucessful shooting a gun this big to a target this close that is attacking you, maybe take some steps away.

But it should be fine if its a pistol

Edited by redmontwheeler

Good idea, hope we see it with the new player controller.  It's always great to see characters reacting realistically to the environment in games.

I love this!

It adds much more new depth to weapon use and choice. Now bull-pups (like the Steyr AUG) make much more sense!

In addition I would like to see a melee animation for every gun, so people can hit infected or players close by with a rifle bud / stock.

Hipfire may be an option too?

• Like 1