Keith Robertson

Dayz keeps freezing every couple of seconds for a few seconds, any help?

Hi I havent played dayz in a while and i've tried to go online but every few seconds the game freezes. I used to be able to play before without any dramas and my fps was always pretty good. My fps is still good apart from when it freezes, my drivers are updated (i think), the gpu temp is pretty good like 35C, my ping is 20-25ms and 0 packet loss (whatever that means) and i'm on 4gb ram although it says 3.98gb available which ive never seen before. I also got inside the pc and tried my best to clean away the dust apart from the motherboard because i only have a paintbrush and i've read you can fuck it up with static by brushing it.
Has anyone had this problem and solved it? or has anyone got any ideas to fix this? Any help at all would be appreciated pure dying for a game of dayz :)

Edited by Keith Robertson

If this is your first time back on .60, make sure to check your config file, and verify that your render resolution and display resolution are the same.  This patch had a nasty habit of setting it to double, and it messed us all up the first week. Also, delete any launch options in steam.

I just thought of this as well: the new renderer has updated to directX11, so check to see if you have any compatibility issues.

Edited by emuthreat

.60 is the latest update, although we're all Cautiously OptimisticTM that the new patch will roll out any day now.

What version of windows are you using?  The .CFG file will be found in your documents file, in the DayZ sub-folder; look for the file type that says .CFG.  Documents>DayZ>DayZ

Do you see below, where the 5th and 6th lines are Resolution, and the 14th and 15th lines are Render width and height, respectively.
Go ahead and make sure that both of those numbers are equal; use the smaller numbers as a reference.  In my case, the native resolution 2560x1080, and the render resolution is double that, at 5120x2160; Both sets should read 2560x1080.
I use a 21:9 ultrawide monitor, so you probably shouldn't copy my numbers.

Then set this file to read-only and try to play the game.

nwV7Epy.png

Edited by emuthreat

I'm running windows 7, found it easier to use than the newer windows versions. the only dayz folder i could find in my documents was in the arma 2 file, theres a folder called mpmissions and it has dayzchernarus and dayzoverpoch etc but these were all empty. Sorry man when i said technology caveman i really meant it lol im guessing this is something really simple to find

Are you playing DayZ standalone or the mod?  If you are playing the mod, you are in the wrong forum section.  Go here.

Hahahahaha. NP

Have you consider playing Standalone. It should be ready sometime before Christmas, 2018.  We hope.

i think i found the arma 2 file equivalent of what you just showed me, it looks pretty similiar. Both the render and resolution numbers are the same w=1440 and h=900. 

na tbh ive not even seen what the standalone is like compared to the mod, ive heard from some people it isnt as good. Is it not coming out on ps4? thatd be class

hang on ive just looked in the arma 2 OA config file and the resolution is w=1440, h=900 but the render says w=800, h=600.

could that be the problem? should i change them to be the same as the resolution?