jdotjdot7

Banned for "NightCrawling" ?

Disconnecting because you think people are in the area != exploit.

Disconnecting in mid gunfight to avoid death = exploit.

Questions?

What would solve both of those problems: timeout to disconnect.

Crawling around like worms in a sleeping bag at night? Not ban worthy, the Admin is just jealous that you play too and might be better than him.

I think we need a sticky of servers to keep away from! Just because they're admin doesn't mean they are worthy of being one.

The other day I was in the fire station north of Elektro, I was scavenging at the same time my steak was cooking and I had set a timer. I happened to find an m16, one of my favorite guns, and decided to loot it; somehow my crowbar got stuck in my backpack so I was fighting with it for ages trying to get it out, since it and the m16 would fit inside together but I forgot the only way to drop a crowbar was to right click it when it was in your primary slot. My timer dings, and two seconds later someone shoots through the window. I knew I had a few precious minutes before my meat starts to burn so I scan the area looking for the guy.

Man this guy was a horrible shot, he shot about 20 times at me, but I still couldn't find him. At this point I could either afk, let him kill me so it would be "Fair and without Exploiting" or I could just log out, save my meal and nom delicious steak meatz which I don't get to nom very often. I chose the latter, am I an exploiter? No, because real life called. Being passed out for 5 minutes after I logged back in 4 hours later was more than enough of a punishment for exploiting.

If you guys want this to be an MMO, how about we set it to your stupid MMO rules, 20 second timer when you go to disconnect, character death when you alt+f4. That will stop the Exploiting bitch crying dead in its tracks.

Me, I chose between burning my steak or doing the worst sin imaginable to this forum community standards. You damn better believe I will eat the steak at it's most tender, juicy moment rather than let it burn to a crisp to satisfy your need to have an "epic realistic strategy!"

You want it to be as realistic as possible, grab a knife, a can of beans and crawl around in the damn ditch for a few hours. I'll even put a few .38's in your ass for good measure so you can Feel the realism of it baby!

for fear that there may be more people I just leave the server as I don't want to be in an Airfield of around 5 people.

well u deserve that ban after reading this.

Yup' date=' rooting for that too. 20-30seconds timeout during which you can't move.

[/quote']

i dont mind this for the pvp, but the zombies are fucking annoying especially without a weapon + the fact that first 1 or 2 hits always bleeds u.

before they implement the 20-30 second timer they HAVE to fix zombies. there way to buggy and "sneaking" around doesnt do shit. they still see u miles away even if ur crawling.

Mod needs to lock this bitch up.

OP ask a simple question.

Most of you just made asses of yourselves.

GOOD DAY SIR!

So you damn for d/cing during actual and fear of actual pvp but when it comes to zombies, oh hell no you've gotta d/c otherwise you can't survive. Worthless. Absolutely worthless, that's like someone crying that the fish aren't biting when you're using no bait. Do you even know how to sneak through a town? I get through them all the time without aggroing a single zombie. It's not like having a gun will make sneaking any easier for you. Hell if you're smart even if you hit an object that makes you stand up you won't attract anything, and it's so easy to lose the zeds if they do catch your scent.

Seriously guys, if you damn one concept of d/cing you've gotta damn them all or it's completely unfair.

That's fine, he should have asked in global chat for the permission to disconnect, and be authorized by the majority of players in the server. And if the global chat wasn't available, he should have found the support email, send a message there and wait for the admin reply prior to disconnect. Otherwise it is exploiting. I hope the OP will be globally banned from DayZ and eventually from the whole internet.

OP ask a simple question.

Most of you just made asses of yourselves.

GOOD DAY SIR!

Aye, like the "good day sir" didn't do the same for you? The only reason I'm pissed is because people jump down each others throats for the simplest of things on this forum. This thread does need to be locked, because the question was answered pages ago. People just see this as an excuse to make themselves feel proud that they're defending the noble notion that if you play a game you have to play it exactly to a set rules of conduct and cannot let real life, or simple expectations manipulate their decisions.

The bottom line is, people d/c. It is an exploit but this mod is an Alpha and exploits are expected at this point. If you ban someone for an exploit you're just proving yourself that you find this mod to be a finished product and expect to take the noble duty of fixing what the developers failed to fix themselves in a timely manner that you thought they should adhere to. No one else can take that power from you because it is your birthright to sit at a computer, watch server connections and actions to see if people are disobeying the laws of gaming. If it interferes with your own enjoyment in a game then too bad, it's your sworn duty to stop these silly little exploiters since the mod will never be patched to end their cardinal sin.

Also, we should look up their pins, hire hit squads and kill them in the street like the dirty dogs they are! Gaming is serious business yo!

Edited: For bad sentence structure

Well, I think it's obvious.

If even thinking that there may be other players in the area or even on the map means that you shouldn't DC at all! Then the only thing that will please all of the folk accusing the OP of DC'ing during PvP is removing the ability to DC at all.

Now that would be hardcore! Anything less just makes you a whining pussy!

If you guys want immersion, you don't want folk to disconnect even when they're not in combat, there appears to be nothing else that will stop your whining! So suck it up and prepare for a 24hr gaming experience.

In fact I suggest you be chained to your gaming chairs, with a portaloo beside you, a fridge/freezer and a gas stove so you don't have to leave your precious game ever! Immersive enough for you?

Now seriously, get a life guys. It is only a Game. Some of you take it far, far too seriously!!!

@OP... From your description of events I don't believe that you did anything worthy of criticism or a ban. You were not actually engaged in PvP at the time you DC'ed. Ignore the trolls and keep on keeping on.

TL;DR - I'm drunk' date=' canadian whiskey is the best.

[/quote']

Whiskey you say, hold still so i can shoot you before you DC :v never can find a full on in his game nor rl, mine always disappears :v

He should not be banned for this as long the whole server system and game give this lame cowardly option.

But i agree OP is a coward for fled like this shame on him being affraid of dying by disconnecting only losers do that.

Well' date=' I think it's obvious.

If even thinking that there may be other players in the area or even on the map means that you shouldn't DC at all! Then the only thing that will please all of the folk accusing the OP of DC'ing during PvP is removing the ability to DC at all.

If you guys want immersion, you don't want folk to disconnect even when they're not in combat, there appears to be nothing else that will stop your whining! So suck it up and prepare for a 24hr gaming experience.

In fact I suggest you be chained to your gaming chairs, with a portaloo beside you, a fridge/freezer and a gas stove so you don't have to leave your precious game ever! Immersive enough for you?

Now seriously, get a life guys. It is only a Game. Some of you take it far, far too seriously!!!

@OP... From your description of events I don't believe that you did anything worthy of criticism or a ban. You were not actually engaged in PvP at the time you DC'ed. Ignore the trolls and keep on keeping on.

[/quote']

Some part your right about its only a game and there are many reasons where its legit to DC. But you COMEPLETELY MISSING the point here made by some and me if you engage in a fight on AIR Field killed few players and then DC becouse affraid more are comming your way and don't wanne DIE its cheating your way out of this situation in my book, end of discussion period. He should not have DC but instead get away from AirField and quit sp,ewhere safe that would have been right discision in this particular case.

I didn't read this entire thread because it seemed to be a lot of bickering and thus this post will probably get over looked' date=' BUT from what I understand these are the rules hosts must go by.

- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

- You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.

- Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting[/quote']

You are taking those rules out of context. They are in a thread about "Kicking of Players for Clan members", and notice they make no mention of exploits or hacks.

If you take them literally, it would mean you can't ban identified hackers from your server. Do you think that's true? What about exploiters? They are more disruptive to the game than racism. And disconnecting to avoid death is an exploit.

About the OP, as long as he wasn't under inmediate threat, and he didn't switch servers to get out of the airfield, I don't have any problem with it. You can't force a player to stay ingame forever.

He should not be banned for this as long the whole server system and game give this lame cowardly option.

But i agree OP is a coward for fled like this shame on him being affraid of dying by disconnecting only losers do that.

[/quote']

Some part your right about its only a game and there are many reasons where its legit to DC. But you COMEPLETELY MISSING the point here made by some and me if you engage in a fight on AIR Field killed few players and then DC becouse affraid more are comming your way and don't wanne DIE its cheating your way out of this situation in my book, end of discussion period. He should not have DC but instead get away from AirField and quit sp,ewhere safe that would have been right discision in this particular case.

No. I believe that you are completely missing the point! You seem to be advocating the enforcement of some arbitrary set of rules as to when a player can or cannot disconnect from a server.

If the player was not actively engaged in PvP (or Zombie aggro) at the time of disconnect there really is no problem worth arguing about.

Unless he DC'ed to gain some tactical advantage against an identified threat when respawning after a server hop. That is crappy, exploitative gameplay that I have no difficulty in condemning outright. However that is not what the OP describes.

It may strike you as cowardice, which is fine.

It strikes you as cheating! I disagree. Every location in DayZ is potentially vulnerable to PvP at any time.

If DC'ing in a vulnerable location after the end of a PvP shootout and before the possibility of another is cheating? Then every player would be a cheat by that definition unless they were logged in 24hrs a day.

Not practical is it?

I agree with you in principle that DC'ing at the airfield is a daft idea (I wouldn't do it), but if a player chooses to do so, then it is down to them.

Telling players what they "should" or "shouldn't" do is purely a matter of opinion and in a sandbox game mod like DayZ the choice and responsibility for the consequences of a players ingame actions remains with the player alone.

There is no right or wrong way to play DayZ!

I'm getting really bored with the forum fascists who just keep telling other players what they should or shouldn't do!

Rocket and the Devs are the ones who set the rules for this environment and will ultimately decide where the boundaries of acceptable game play lie. Until they decide where those are, it seems to me that, the best that we can do as alpha testers, is to make constructive suggestions as to how game play mechanics can be improved to remove the opportunity for ingame exploitation. Rather than telling others how to play the game "my way". Because "I'm right and you're wrong".

The only way is Rockets way!

Perhaps trying to sway his opinion with reasoned logical argument would be more constructive than condemning other players for a play style that is different from your own.

Perhaps trying to sway his opinion with reasoned logical argument would be more constructive than condemning other players for a play style that is different from your own.

That's a solid bit of reasoning.

I suggest that, if a player is logging out to do anything other then avoid danger, the 10 + second timer idea wont be a problem for them. Obviously, people who are booted/disconnected in the middle of a battle will be in trouble... If there's a way to tell the difference bewteen a user initiated disconnect and a disconnect, then great! If not, I'd think the number of instances that you're disconnected in the middle of combat would be sufficently small as to be a flaw, but not a game breaking one.

There were obviously people who had heard the shots and were approaching your position to kill you.

A logout timer may solve this problem. Or "you cannot d/c while hostiles are around" or something like that. Think about it though, In real life you enter a hostile area, fire off some rounds and then your next priority is gtfo to a safe area.

You made no attempt to get out of there alive, you took the easy option and d/c'd, this obviously pissed someone off. Hence the ban.

[/quote']

Are you our beloved 'Heretic' from MWLL? From your posts it seems likely.

Totally agree with you BTW. Far too many ppl cry about disconnecting, when a lot of the time it is for legit reasons. How am I to know that you were about to snipe me when I decided to take a piss/smoke/playing too much break. I'll be damned if I am just gonna stay logged on when I am AFK for a reasonable amount of time. I used to do it all the time before this mod blew up, but nowadays I just take my break without hoping someone won't just stumble on me and kill me.

The way I see itc, you have to be in a shooting firefight with someone else before it's combat d-cing. Or at the very least IN SIGHT of someone else. Leaving because you shot someone and that's probably a good place to stop for the night is a legitimate reason. What else is he supposed to do, go out and kill the rest of them because you won't let him log out until everyone around him is dead?

This is not about DCing, this is about being Banned for "NightCrawling".

Not one of you here is capable of giving the answer to the question.

Only the server admin who applied the ban can do that.

NightCrawling is a new term as far as I know.

Moving to Ban Appeals for more effect.

Ya he should totally have climbed to the top of the comm tower and bent over and shaked his ass in every other direction for a full hour before disconnecting. That's how honorable men do it!!!!!11111oneonehundredandone

Roflmao, nice one DeadManDan, love it.

Side note: All these bloody whaa-bears crying about disconnects... you morons better hope it stays. What the hell do you think is gonna happen when this option isn't available anymore? Don't give me all that honourable BS or it's not allowed... human nature doesn't give a ****. So... go on, really, enlighten us as to what's ACTUALLY going to happen when you effectively "put people in a corner" by removing disconnects eh? Lol, you think they're all just gonna start singing songs, holding hands, swapping beans & weapons making sweet love there on the NW airfield barracks floor like rocket intended? pfff.

I can see you're new. Usually when you post a thread like this , first wave will be guys that are so hardcore players , basiclly rocket cockssckers, which will insult you and post comments how you're a care bare and shit. Then you have few people who actually try to understand your problem , and thena bit more of the cocksuckers .

Anyways , good thing the reputation was removed , otherwise you would have -30 by now.

Are you our beloved 'Heretic' from MWLL? From your posts it seems likely.

Totally agree with you BTW. Far too many ppl cry about disconnecting' date=' when a lot of the time it is for legit reasons. How am I to know that you were about to snipe me when I decided to take a piss/smoke/playing too much break. I'll be damned if I am just gonna stay logged on when I am AFK for a reasonable amount of time. I used to do it all the time before this mod blew up, but nowadays I just take my break without hoping someone won't just stumble on me and kill me.

[/quote']

Sadly I'm not your beloved Heretic from MWLL. TBH I'm not even sure what MWLL is?

But it's good to know that there are other gamers out there with some common sense, a sense of humour and a real life!