Sign in to follow this  
Shortstack

Pistol Holsters

Since I only found some Threads/Informations that are 2 years old, I thought I would come up with this topic again to see, if anything changed here regarding the future plans.

Will there be any kind of waist/belt holsters or leg holsters or stuff like that in the future? I think it would make the Dayz experience way more immersive ... don't like to pull out my pistol out of the air like it is at the moment :<

• Like 3

I suggest to wait until the new player controller is in our hands I guess that's their main priority. Isn't it like the same as the weapons that are 'glued' to your back? To be fair I don't mind it too much but I can understand you don't like it.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2016 at 6:16 AM, Rico F said:

Since I only found some Threads/Informations that are 2 years old, I thought I would come up with this topic again to see, if anything changed here regarding the future plans.

Will there be any kind of waist/belt holsters or leg holsters or stuff like that in the future? I think it would make the Dayz experience way more immersive ... don't like to pull out my pistol out of the air like it is at the moment :<

There are already pistol holsters in game. It is hard to find in this patch, but there are actually several different kinds. The pistol holster by itself goes across your chest. There is also a pistol holster attachment, which is also hard to find, for the plate carrier. You can attach pouches and a pistol holster right to the vest itself. They are out there, although I have admittedly not found any in this patch. Just keep looking around military installations.

serveral diffrent kinds? Afaik there are only 2, the leather chest holster(which takes the slot of a whole vest and therefor being used rarely) and the plate carrier one

Would be really cool to have some belt or legholsters, they would be far more common in this postapocalyptic world. or maybe even make an extra equipment slot for different kinds of belts.

I know, the new character controller/animation system/etc  is in the pipeline, but actually this is the reason I am asking about it. As far as I remember the Threads from 2 years ago told something along the lines like "not gonna happen because of clipping issues; with the current engine not possible". So I guess this will be possible now with the new System being implented?

• Like 1

dreaming about regular detective like armpit holster. or as an attachment to your belt. be able to hide small pistols in a boot.