exwoll

Will be light sources intensity fixed in the future?

Does anyone knows what are the plans for light sources in nighttime in the future?

I´ve noticed ( experimenting in an empty night time server) that light sources at the moment are like 2x 3x or more intense than in real life:

-A small flashlight can illuminate a whole room, when IRL it only has a weak beam that barely show what´s in front of you.

-Gas lamps can illuminate a whole street, when IRL you can only read a book if you´re directly close to it

-A small fireplace looks like the giant pile of books burnt by the nazis, illuminating like 50m around. IRL its barely noticeable beyond 2-3m

-Flares look like a super nova in the middle of space :)

xT1hvnC.jpgmdehszrun_slls3jrl2ufb4oldtomexsj7b91eii

Will  be the intensity polished in the future to adapt the sources to their supposed real lumen values? 

Edited by exwoll

Thanks for the chuckle. I have seen a video at some point (maybe by VictorKane?) about the improvements they have planned and it does include adjusting the intensity of the flame glow and the correction of shadows.

Edited by MaxKragen

11 hours ago, MaxKragen said:

I have seen a video at some point (maybe by VictorKane?) about the improvements they have planned and it does include adjusting the intensity of the flame glow and the correction of shadows.

Nice! I saw them talking about the lights, but only the shadow not going through walls, without mentions about intensity. 

Thanks for the reply!