Sign in to follow this  
sushimaster

TWO flipping CHARACTERS!

I LOVE this game...    it has SO MUCH social potential...  BUT IT'S TOO MUCH RISK! 

IF we could lay low on one character & stick our necks out on the other...  THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! 

Or you know, if GOD FORBID SOMEONE ELSE WANTS TO PLAY 

Edited by sushimaster

Not sure what you mean?  On private hive every server is a different character.

Client side..   I know is highly unlikely, but you know how Zelda on the NES has three save slots?  Ya, that.

Edited by sushimaster

& ya I realize private hives are all different...  but like, there are a million reasons why having two characters would balance the game.   You could have a kitted out character and a social probe & say your social probe gets ganked by some bandits...  well, you always have that standby to avenge yourself with.  Our just die twice...  but still..  the game is too stressful for solo people who don't have irl frinds who also have the game & time to play the game on the same schedule as you.  It's why people hate it.  There's little to no incentive to be sociable, and the only loophole is giving people a second character that they can relax  on.   I don't understand the belief that this would lessen the experience.  I realize 2 characters per server would just end up meaning you get a mule, but so freaking what?  So you get a mule.  Big woop.  It doesn't Make 10rnd .22 amphibia mags any easier to find.  

Edited by sushimaster

Hmm, it's really not necessary.

I currently have 8 or 9 characters on various private hives plus the 2 public ones. (3PP and 1PP)

I use certain characters for role-play, others for simple interactions, others for screenshots purposes and some for PVP.

I play solo 80% of the time (1900 hours in-game) and it never stopped me from playing.

Instead of having 2 characters on the same server in case you die since you want to avenge yourself (like you point out) why not just make a camp and hide some gear so when you spawn back, you just go to your camp, gear up and go avenge yourself? Nothing's stopping you right now from doing this.

• Like 1