Sign in to follow this  
Wili

Suggestions for Improving User Interface fluidity

Here are some suggestions I think would improve the UI fluidity:

1.- Accidental weapon/item loss:

When removing weapons/items from hands if there is not enough space in your inventory the game should tell you "there is no free space in your inventory" rather than dropping your weapon/item to the ground. That would avoid any accidental item loss.

When you are double carrying and try to climb a ladder the game would tell you the same "there is no free space in your inventory".

The only way to drop a weapon or item should be by hand, dragging the item from your character to the vicinity tab or by throwing it.

2.- Improving UI fluidity:

-When you want to swap an item like backpacks, shirts, pants, etc and the only option is swap, the game shouldn't ask you every time, it should do it without asking, like the old UI.

If you are dragging one kind of item on top of another item of the same kind and status, the items should combine without asking.

- Improving Weapon management:

When you drag ammo or magazines into the weapon you are holding in hands the game should load those ammo/magazines into the weapon without asking every time, I think the swap option should be removed in that case.  

When you are holding a weapon in hands and you drag the incorrect ammo/magazines into the weapon the game should tell you "that ammo/magazine doesn't fit into the weapon" rather than swapping the ammo for your weapon and possibly dropping your weapon to the ground, that can ruin a firefight.

If the player isn't holding any weapon in hands only then the player should be able to take/swap those ammo/magazines in hands, the only reason a player would do that is because he has no more free space in their inventory.

-Maybe a good feature would be if you bind ammo to the hotbar the game should try to load this ammo into the weapon you are holding in hands (like the magazines), if it's the correct ammo for that weapon, if not, instead of swapping the weapon for the ammo the game should tell you "the ammo doesn't fit into the weapon" or something like that.

Overall I think is good if the game takes time for doing an action but it shouldn't be complicated or take too much steps for telling the game what action you want to do.

Here's a video showing some of the actions that can make you lose your weapons:

• Like 1

Need less status messages, imo. 

Players shouldn't have to need in-game text to remind them of how much space they have in their pocket or if they are carrying something. 

17 hours ago, Parazight said:

Need less status messages, imo. 

Players shouldn't have to need in-game text to remind them of how much space they have in their pocket or if they are carrying something. 

There's an option for disabling those messages, the game wouldn't tell you there is no free space for storing the item you are removing from hands with messages disabled but it wouldn't drop the item to the ground either, I would prefer a temporary icon of a backpack with an X over it or something like that, appearing in a screen corner just for 1 second or so, but no icons or text is ok too.

In real life you would know when you drop an item into the ground, the problem in Dayz is sometimes you accidentally drop items without knowing it. Dropping an item should be always a player decision. 

Yesterday I convinced my friend to try Dayz again, he dropped his axe like 5 times and his pistol like 5 times or more in less than 5 minutes, I was behind him telling him all the time, you dropped this, you dropped that.... I mean, It's absurd... I hope they fix this and is not really working as intended, I never played a game other than Dayz that make's you lose your gear in the most silly ways.

Edited by Wili