Alex067

Mainland VS the coast

I'm a new Day Z player, and after playing for a good 10-20 hours, I've slowly come to the conclusion that most of the ingame content such as zombies and loot is mainly found in cities/towns along the coast. Is this true? I've explored the mainland rather abruptly but comparing it to the contents found along the coastline, it seems like it's a waste of time to go further inland.

Is this true? Or am I just bullshitting myself:rolleyes:

Completely the opposite.

The coast is theoretically awesome if you were the only one on the server, but you're not so it's likely picked clean by new spawns and swarming with bandits that are going to murder you over and over.

Inland you have to have a destination in mind you can't just wander around aimlessly. But once you get to your destination, the chances of getting murdered is low, and the chances of finding loot is high.

Also, inland is where all the super high level stuff can be found.

inb4 flames

Do a little research, there is plenty to be found inland.

My friend there is only one way to find out. give it ago for a bit you don't like it you can always go back.

Myself i love trekking around the main land, loads to see and do. Then again I do quite enjoy the coastal cities and the madness they offer.

I'm guessing you've never been to the NW Airfield or Stary Sobor

my favorite spawn is Kamenka. from there I go north inland, hitting all the deer stands on the way. stop at the supermarket in Zelenogorsk. and then head to NWAF or Stary

Cherno and Electro are just death traps IMO

Partly bullshitting :) Its as easy as fuck to get geared up on the coast and preferable for a lot of players that basically live in Cherno/ Elektro. Balota and the nearby military camp will spawn some higher tier stuff as well , i have grabbed m41, m16 , coyote m107 and other gear from there but it is not as fruitful as the bigger airfields.

Still you are missing a lot of cool things on the map by coast hugging. You can gear up just as good as Cherno/Elektro at any of the castles plus get away from the madness of the coast. Visit the deer stands on the way through, although they generally dont seem to be my lucky spots as i get greeted by stacks of empty tin cans.

I just like the journey inland , the open country and once i get away from the coast i feel that i am not going to cop a bullet or hatchet to the face every other second .

my favorite spawn is Kamenka. from there I go north inland' date=' hitting all the deer stands on the way. stop at the supermarket in Zelenogorsk. and then head to NWAF or Stary

[/quote']

haha you've got to be shitting me!

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=25414

my favorite spawn is Kamenka. from there I go north inland' date=' hitting all the deer stands on the way. stop at the supermarket in Zelenogorsk. and then head to NWAF or Stary

[/quote']

that is funny cause that's pretty much the exact route I take

between the deer stands and the white barns, you usually find a weapon quick

[/quote']

that is funny cause that's pretty much the exact route I take

between the deer stands and the white barns, you usually find a weapon quick

yarp i hear that, done the same run many times. I love the loot from the deer stands but wish there where a few more zeds around them to make it a wee bit tougher. 3 seems to little risk for some of the guns and ammo you can find in them.