Sign in to follow this  
El_Tea_Couch

This may be a stupid question but...

Okay so I have been away for a long time dealing with school and such and I have not payed a drop of attention about what has been happening with DayZ (I even stopped working on the wikia). Since graduation I've been reading about all the changes, like what I've seen and have even spent some time playing on stable. My question is... Does anyone know what the current state of persistence is for everything? I'm talking Vehicles, Barrels, Tents, Backpacks, Items on the ground etc.

28 minutes ago, El_Tea_Couch said:

Okay so I have been away for a long time dealing with school and such and I have not payed a drop of attention about what has been happening with DayZ (I even stopped working on the wikia). Since graduation I've been reading about all the changes, like what I've seen and have even spent some time playing on stable. My question is... Does anyone know what the current state of persistence is for everything? I'm talking Vehicles, Barrels, Tents, Backpacks, Items on the ground etc.

As my good old chemestry teacher said, there's no stupid question, only stupid answer, and my answer isn't going to be stupid.

I don't really know how long does each item stay on server, because I didn't count, but I can guarantee you that you can leave barell, tent maybe a car 7 days un-attended and they will still be there. Backpacks, well, I bet it's minimaly safe to say that it's persistent one hour, which is more than enough for whatever you're doing.

From my own observations on stable, barrels and tents are persistant, but as the server still crash, the loot isn't always saved right. If you find yourself going through your tents and placing weapons or items on the floor, the restart will wipe them. After every crash there is a small rollback, which can be noticeable if you were in your tent inventory.

So for the most part, camps are working. Cars however are not. They seem to respawn and cycle their spawn locations pretty often. I've had my car survive one server restart, but lost them over night, every time. This is probably just a bug, as persistence on cars was working like Just Cause described. It's cool though, you can find cars that are almost completely assembled. Much easier to find a ride now. 

Edited by S3V3N

8 minutes ago, S3V3N said:

Cars however are not.

I had read that vehicles weren't persistent but so far I haven't had the privilege of experiencing it for myself. My guess was if they weren't persistent it was to fix any that got stuck by that bug that would happen when two vehicles got too close together.

Edited by El_Tea_Couch

11 minutes ago, El_Tea_Couch said:

I had read that vehicles weren't persistent but so far I haven't had the privilege of experiencing it for myself. My guess was if they weren't persistent it was to fix any that got stuck by that bug that would happen when two vehicles got too close together.

Ah well - that particular bug has been remedied, although not completely. At least now it just feels like you're driving drunk on an ice lake when you get too close to another vehicle. But you can get past.

My guess what's going wrong with the vehicles is some interference/confusion from the other dynamic spawning objects like choppers. Somehow the car spawns seem to cycle on similar hours like the choppers. If you can't find one now, chances are in two hours it spawns in the village next to you. 

What's cool is that cow herds are now actually sizeable. I saw one of at least 10 cows yesterday and we counted another eight cows in another herd later. The first one was just crossing a river we were hiking up at. When they started running it captured us all so much that we basically forgot to shoot any ^^ but then came the other herd.

9 minutes ago, S3V3N said:

What's cool is that cow herds are now actually sizeable. I saw one of at least 10 cows yesterday and we counted another eight cows in another herd later. The first one was just crossing a river we were hiking up at. When they started running it captured us all so much that we basically forgot to shoot any ^^ but then came the other herd.

Yeah I have seen a herd of cows, haven't seen any deer in a while tho. Have you or any of your friends found a Winchester Model 70 in this patch?

Yes, but only just today. Curiously enough it was in one of those wooden gate houses that are often at the entrance gates of walled compunds. I check those and all the deerstands I can find. But I guess the Winchester would also spawn in other civilian locations, it just seems to be more rare now. 

47 minutes ago, S3V3N said:

Yes, but only just today. Curiously enough it was in one of those wooden gate houses that are often at the entrance gates of walled compunds. I check those and all the deerstands I can find. But I guess the Winchester would also spawn in other civilian locations, it just seems to be more rare now. 

You know one thing I've noticed is that there's a few buildings that spawn a large amount of one item such as the house I found earlier that spawned 5 Red Pattern Face Masks.