Bashka_IF

How to stop newbie killings for fun: pk system

Everyone in the game should be afraid to die and don't feel to be safe.

Problem:

This is not the case for groups of bandits now.

a bandit kills 5 newbies in a row, then if dies - friends pick him from the beach on the car and give him new equipment. show goes on.

Example:

Me and my friend with winchesters was in town, suddenly i saw a man with AK running to place there my friend was. I heard gun fire, and it happens that they killed each other. But this bandit acted like he didn't care about his life - he was hunting like in deathmatch. I think this should not happen in "real" situation. Even bandint don't want to die.

Solution :

Make death much much more unpleasant. So people don't run like rambos.

the only thing that NOBODY want to loose is TIME.

IDEA:

Each player has killing counter (KC) that is increased when the player kills another player.

And when this player dies and resurrects again he must not be able to play normally KC minutes.

There are choices - don't let player login (not very good), or better let him play only like slow zombie )

Look at this as a god's punishment for killings )

What happens when player one (p1) kills player two (p2) p1.KC increased by value min(0,60 - p2.KC). how it helps:

- if innocent player (KC=0) kills another innocent player - KC increased by 60.

- if innocent player kills bandit with KC > 60 then players remains innocent.

- if bandit kills innocent player - his KC += 60 minutes

- if bandit kills another bandit then his KC remains the same or decreases, so clans of bandits can kill each other almost without penalties.

Plus this KC should decrease with time, let's say -5 point in one hour in game.

That is if you kill 10 innocent players then be afraid to die and serve 10 hours as a zombie ) or be3 good boy for 10 days (not real, but play time)

does it sound reasonable and fair enough ??

All how like this idea - give it +1 and move the topic to the top!

Use the search' date=' bud. :P.

[/quote']

Looked through 4 pages - have not found any suggestions, if you know the link - please post here.

Define "innocent" though.

I mean, our human brains could determine that in every situation, but how does a computer do it?

What if a guy shot at you 5 minutes ago and you ran across him again. Is it a PK if you shoot him right away knowing he was hostile before?

What if you shot a guy that was saying he wanted to be friends on voice com, but it turned out he had 500 murders? Is he innocent?

so I've survived for 9 days in this life, maybe 30 hours of play and have 11 murders commited as a measure to protect my tribe

explain why I need to be banned for 11 hours next time I die?

Use the search' date=' bud. :P.

[/quote']

Looked through 4 pages - have not found any suggestions, if you know the link - please post here.

You used the search function and couldn't find any threads about the "PvP problem"?

Did you have your monitor on?

I don't think there should be a punishment. I just think the zombies should be as threatening as other players. When I die I play 5 mins get a rifle and go hunt other people hopeing the get the guy back who got me. Zombies don't effect a bandit in a tower at all or running the streets. The only thing in Dayz that will kill you is living people.

a mechanic that prevents people from playing the game is a bad thing.

do people not think before making posts anymore? Seriously stop trying to add "systems" to the game.