Sign in to follow this  
atempleton

More Craftable Clothes

Exactly as the title suggests, I want there to be more natural leather clothing options. I want to see a face mask, gloves and a pistol holster to be able to be created from tanned leather. 

I also wish to see balls of yarn, wool, cotton etc be added in which when combined with a regular sewing kit can be used to knit clothing such as jackets, scarves, face masks, gloves, pants, sacks etc. I wish to embrace my inner Grandma and I'm sure more people know how to knit than how to tan leather, and then sew it into clothing.

I would like to see the ability to pick up blankets and sheets off the beds we see in-game. Why am I freezing to death when there is a bed covered in a nice soft comforter right in front of me?

In real life, I have made shirts, jackets, trousers and even shoes (with leather soles) by cutting up and sewing together old blankets (wool) and sheets (cotton and linen). While I wouldn't want to see spinning and weaving, which are both trained skills, no reason we couldn't make a shitty shirt from rags.

• Like 1

I'd have to agree with Whyherro, we should be able to craft more clothing (from more things) but making a wool shirt from literally scratch does not sound like a good idea.  It feels a bit hokey, espically since crafting is very quick in game (currently, I know they want to lengthen the time it takes to create some things later on).  Unless shit really hit the fan, I can't see someone knitting themself a sweater as zombies and bandits pound on the door.  Making mukluks from some carpeting you tore out of a building, easy and fairly quick to do, hell sowing a bedsheet into a simple tunic is fairly quick.

The idea is good, just not exactly as you described it.  I mean it's like those other survival games where you can make a fully functional AK in 60 seconds with scrap iron and some clay molds.

13 hours ago, IkaikaKekai said:

I'd have to agree with Whyherro, we should be able to craft more clothing (from more things) but making a wool shirt from literally scratch does not sound like a good idea.  It feels a bit hokey, espically since crafting is very quick in game (currently, I know they want to lengthen the time it takes to create some things later on).  Unless shit really hit the fan, I can't see someone knitting themself a sweater as zombies and bandits pound on the door.  Making mukluks from some carpeting you tore out of a building, easy and fairly quick to do, hell sowing a bedsheet into a simple tunic is fairly quick.

The idea is good, just not exactly as you described it.  I mean it's like those other survival games where you can make a fully functional AK in 60 seconds with scrap iron and some clay molds.

'I can't see someone knitting themself a sweater as zombies and bandits pound on the door.'
you've probably never met survival granny.. I can tell you.. she aint giving any fucks what so ever.. zombies get stabbed with the needle itself!

just sayin'

Well maybe that's one way to encourage people to group up.  'Granny' can be knitting balaclavas for the guys holding the door.