Sign in to follow this  
St. Jimmy

New Feedback Tracker. Hints and tips here

As you might have read, Bohemia has opened their new Feedback Tracker. You can find it from the front page of this forum when you click the Feedback tab or going in https://feedback.bistudio.com/

First thing that you likely notice is that the feedback tracker is very confusing and you're having hard time to find anything. This is where this topic comes to help you out to get the best out of the feedback tracker!

If you had old feedback tracker account, you can get it back! Go to log in and press the "Forgot your password?" and fill it. That way your password resets. All the old tickets, files and stuff should still be there.

Customize your view and settings.

I'd suggest you to press Customize Menu.. from the left. That way you can Pin applications there. I suggest you to have following things pinned:

- Maniphest, you can search bugs

- Dashboards, you can create custom pages. Very helpful if you don't like the default one. I've made one and you're free to use and copy it and make yourself own and share it!

- Files, you can find all the files that you've uploaded in the tracker

- Mail, just in case so you can see all the mail

Legalpad, Passphrase and Spaces I don't know what they do. Other things you can't access.

You can find settings from the top left corner from the wrench picture. I suggest you to at least set the email notifications right away to your liking. I set things on Notify. Notifications should appear in the bell in the top left corner just like in these forums (except here it's right).

Also set other things in the settings to your liking.

Now that things are set-up you might like to learn how to use search and where you can report bugs.

Using search and saving them as Queries:

I suggest you to click the Maniphest from the left. Those default queries might not interest you because they're from all the three games. Use the Advanced Search.

Things are pretty self-explainary in there but you likely want to search for DayZ tickets only. You can find them when you click the magnifying glass on the Tags field and write DayZ in there. There should be a red DayZ icon appearing which is the DayZ project. That's the tag to find every DayZ ticket.

Use the magnifying glass to find stuff easier on the fields.

When you've typed everything in the search bar(s) you press "Execute Query". Notice that there appears "Save Custom Query" right next to the "Execute Query". It's a handy tool if you want to save custom queries because you'll use those if you want to custom your Dashboard ;) Saved queries also appear on the left, but I'm not 100% sure how long they remain there or was there just a bug for me, because my yesterday queries were deleted.

Reporting bugs:

There's plus icon ( + ) on the top left corner. Click that and choose the right option. Fill as much information as possible! The feedback tracker is still pretty W.I.P. for DayZ because the Categories are from Arma 3. But don't let that confuse you.

Always remember to try search before reporting a new bug! Someone might have already reported the bug, so there's no need to make duplicates. If you see necessary, comment the found ticket that you've also the issue, post your information and so on.

Dashboards:

Dashboard is you front page of the feedback tracker. You can find active dashboards here https://feedback.bistudio.com/dashboard/

You might want to test my Dashboard at first https://feedback.bistudio.com/dashboard/view/5/

Click Manage Dashboard from the top right corner. It should open the manage page. There you can click the Install Dashboard button to install it. You can change to any dashboard that way.

You can also copy the dashboard and make your own version. If you're DayZ only user, those Arma 3 and Take On Mars stuff are likely useless stuff for you. Making a dashboard, you need to create or use existing panels.

I'm sure there could come better later and the default one likely also gets improvements.

Have a happy bug hunting and hopefully this helped a bit :) Also share your tips about the feedback tracker. I might have missed some things out.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/

Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Like 2