Sign in to follow this  
Jscaff

Mouse4 or Mouse 5 wont work

Hi guys i reinstalled the game and now im trying to change my controls with Mouse4 and mouse5 ingame and it wont register to change, It works in other games but not .60 was fine in .59 any suggestions cheers

Try to delete (make a backup first) your old profile, or check if it's in read-only mode. Usually in Documents/DayZ 

Tried that and didnt work, I reinstalled windows and then installed dayz exp only maybe try change it in stable first?

What are you trying to set them for? I've found that several actions can't be assigned to extra mouse buttons, for whatever reason. [etc, you can't set vault to a mouse button]

I use mouse 4 and 5 to move backwards and forwards for all games.

i have found some games don't like assigning the 4 and 5 mouse buttons in game unless I have used the  software that came with my mouse to reassign the mouse buttons action to a key stroke.

ie. When I press the mouse button 5 it is seen as a keystroke for me that's "o"

from a web page I found concerning this here are some applications that can do this.

mouse manager

hydramouse

x-mouse button control

clickymouse

have not used these programs so can't vouch for them.

if you have a gaming mouse it probably has software that can do this all ready.

good luck getting this fixed.  :)

you will also need to set the mouse buttons as keystrokes in games control settings rather than mouse buttons

Edited by geoffdeath

Well, since it obviously doesn't register to change. Then why don't you try changing it through the config file? :3

Edited by DJ SGTHornet