Sign in to follow this  
Dr Medivac

Murdering, Cause I've Been Murdered

I have been killed for no reason, so many times that I am now going rogue and I will be killing anyone on sight.

Just wondering how many of you out there are of the same mindset, started out friendly, but been betrayed or murdered so many times that all your friendliness has died inside you :D

*cough* everybody

Though i just do it periodically i eventually calm down after two murders depending on if they had gear or not.

violence begets violence, hate begets hate, humanity blah blah blah the internet gives assholes an outlet nuff said...

I would think that applies to 90% of the people who have been playing for 2+ weeks.

Yes and no.

Yes, I will kill pretty much anybody, but I do have a select group that I roll with. I would never shoot one of them unless they're going to jeopardize our survival. (So that's the no.)

I love working with people. It's just safer to shoot on sight in DayZ. Don't have to hope you got the one who won't kill you.

i guess its sort of real life that the trust would vanish. but the players that go arond killing on purpose, or that kill on purpose because they are grumpy would die off sooner than the real survivors/bandits.

i KOS if im in a bandit area (stary sobor, any shop town, Airfields, Coastal towns) otherwise i observe and avoid.)

But if i saw someone with a DMR and i had a CZZ id kill them for it hands down. i wouldnt start a false friendship and backstab them though. too risky.

I was ready to go on a killing spree and swear off helping other players. I had just been killed by some random guy who walked into the room with me and fired before I could move my finger to the 'caps lock' key. I was soooo damn ready to take my rage out on everyone else. And then this happened.

Player A kills Player B. Player B gets pissed off, respawns and kills Player C. Player C gets pissed off, respawns and kills Player D. Player D.....

Its a cycle that unfortunately will never end.

When I kill someone... I usually do somewhere off in the mountains, where nothing can hear it. I never shoot on sight, I befriend and kill.

Player A kills Player B. Player B gets pissed off' date=' respawns and kills Player C. Player C gets pissed off, respawns and kills Player D. Player D.....

Its a cycle that unfortunately will never end.

[/quote']

I think something needs to break the cycle cause god knows players won't break it themeselves.

every time I get killed for no reason I tell myself that from now on I will kill on sight but I never get through with it, it's just not in my blood

generally I try to avoid people and if I get spotted I try to make a friendly contact first via direct channel.. if I get shot at I return fire but mostly to cover my retreat

I only killed another player once without being threatened when I was scavenging an office building and he suddenly popped up in front of me.. I've felt bad for it for the rest of the day

It's a dog eat dog world.

No matter how many times I've been killed (Which is a lot), I've never actually shot on sight unless a player wasn't responding to my "friendly" calls.

I always try and make new friends and communicate first. I find the game so much more fun if you are playing with someone rather than by yourself.

I haven't killed anyone yet and only plan to in self defense. I won't kill some poor unarmed person because, really, what do you gain?

I once had someone chase me through Elektro with an axe. Despite clearly being a newly spawned character, this person chased me, with zombies coming from every direction just so they could axe me. They would of gained nothing if they'd been able to loot my corpse.

I'll never be that stupid.

I was gutting a cow and i heard "hey player" and turned around and was completely surrounded.... lol I felt like a noob letting them get the drop on me, but they let me go, and I offered them food as my condolences. It seems safest to get the drop on someone, and let them leave if them respond while your weapons are still fixed on them. I try to be friendly unless im near hot spots (stary airfiled gstores ect)

Me too, I would tell myself that from now on I don't care who I meet, I'll just shoot on sight, but I just can't.

Unless of course I'm put into a stressful position, such as me hiding inside a room and some guy suddenly shows up right in front of me.

I would do my best to avoid contact with armed players.

But I, myself, wouldn't go out of my way to murder someone just so I could take their stuff.

I rather die hungry than to promote this deathmatching cycle by hunting another player, it's bad enough as it is with this broken karma system.

There were rare moments where I was able to save a survivor from a bandit when hearing shots fired, and that was by far the greatest feeling I had so far in this game.

I always team up if they are willing but that's only in the very beginning of my life. And most the times my partners and I benefit from each other in defense and covering more buildings.