Sign in to follow this  
kernalpanic

Cold day in Chernarus

so i've noticed that I can't go more than 30 minutes without creating a fire or using a heatpack to stay warm. I'm fine with it being cold but I think heatpacks should have more of an impact on player warmth. As it stands now if you are cold and use a heatpack it won't even get the player back up to "full" temp. I think the values need to be adjusted. 

Oooor, maybe we can add a scarf that would sit in a tool slot or something that would help combat the cold? Make it a rare item like the gps / e-tool. Of course you dont want to make it OP as I like that snipers have to use heat packs to camp an area for a while but maybe we can make it so that if you're running around it also subdues the coldness temporarily. 

About heatpacks. Maybe it shouldn't really warm whole your body, only one small area. It is not supposed to be 100% efficient when it is autumn and you are in a shirt in mostly rainy conditions. So it increases your temperature to average normal condition, not maximum.

I think that there should be some sort of struggle when you deal with open nature alone and not wearing appropriate warm clothes. So yeah, it would be more realistic to have more clothes available rather than have a super mega heatpack)