Sign in to follow this  
Jakeob22

Confused and Annoyed Newb

Hey, I bought this game 2 days ago. I have yet to play it. I tried to get into a match and it allows me to start to join. Then, it exits back to the lobby selection screen and says waiting for player to create in the background. When I try to select any server after that, the ping is huge and I can't join them. Is anybody getting the same error? Did I download the wrong files? Do I need to patch?

Help??? :huh:

hello' date='

sounds like you may of installed something wrong from what you say..

Have you had a look at this, it really does help

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_install_DayZ

Good luck

[/quote']

One problem, I used this tutorial to install:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XzTbx8b84k

So I don't have Arma II, just arrowhead.

Guys - there's been an issue with the servers for about 24-hours now. Devs are on the case. It may even be fixed.

Well there is a part in that page about that,

"It is possible but not recommended to use the free version (not the demo) of ARMA2 and combine it with ARMA2: Operation Arrowhead to create ARMA2: Combined Operations Lite and use it to play DayZ.

Here is a guide how to install DayZ with arma2:free and OA: Kodabar's Guide

If everything is installed correctly you should see "ArmA 2 Free" (or "ArmA 2 Demo"), "ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead" and "@dayz" on the right side of the menu screen."

EDIT : bottlerocket is correct there have been issues, my server is up and running ok though

Uhm... What does it mean if there is a red "X" next to a server?

Means you don't have the correct Arma Beta patch installed. You need to update that.

But what if I only have the demo Arma II?

D:

Means you don't have the correct Arma Beta patch installed. You need to update that.

But what if I only have the demo Arma II?

D:

Beta patch Works with Arma2 Free + OA.

Can I be linked to where I could get the beta patch? And does it work if I downloaded with steam?

Uhm... What does it mean if there is a red "X" next to a server?

Back up a bit.

Have you made sure your actual Arma2 game is installed and that you can play on any regular Arma2 server?

Check that first. A red X means you don't have the correct version of "something" but it might mean the OA addon for Arma2. Then make sure you have the Operation Arrowhead addon. make sure the addon and the regular Arma2 games are combined.

Then open your Arma2 Operation Arrowhead: Combined Operations adn confirm that you can play on a regular game server there first.

You have to be sure you can actually play the game that Dayz is based on first.

Then, when you know the game works, get the Dayz files and install the mod. Remember Dayz is just a mod for another game. There are a few steps to get the actual game working and to use Operation Arrowhead: Combined Operations first.

Not sure about steam

Here it is http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/

Download the top one (in green).

But you have to do a bit of file swapping to get it to work once you've downloaded it and intsalled it. can't rememeber how just now as I'm at work (can't remember name of folders). Will post later.

Or can anyone else help?

edit - here's a good guide. 3mins 18 secs for the beta patch bit. IT's how I do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&v=ECymWpNpEqw&annotation_id=annotation_161768&src_vid=61hYuEgrKzY

Yes, beta works on all versions. Just make sure it's the latest non-beta version first (steam does that auto).

In depth install guide: http://kodabar.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/how-to-install-dayz-with-arma-2-free.html

(I wouldn't use a youtube vid).

Be sure to run both games once (to the main menu) before installing the beta patch.

Beta patch: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

I have friends who did it with the free version, it does work. Good luck.

I love how everyone has their own fucking solution that isn't correct to any of these problems.

You just need to re-install.. or install Battle-eye.

That's it. That should fix it.

I love how everyone has their own fucking solution that isn't correct to any of these problems.

I love how this is not correct to his problem.

Just so you know this happens to me all the time. I just wait and it loads into the game. As long as you see the loading or progress bar, just be patient and wait. Remember it is alpha.

Ha! I already did that... twice. xD

Just so you know this happens to me all the time. I just wait and it loads into the game. As long as you see the loading or progress bar' date=' just be patient and wait. Remember it is alpha.

[/quote']

I left the creating character thing up for an hour. :/

I'm going to try patching. :)

Just so you know ONLY click the okay button once. If you click it more than once it will not load. Do NOT click anything else after you click OK at the loading screen unless a message pops up saying "no blah blah .cfg file found" that is ok to click. Sometimes servers will lag out so try another server if you get stuck on the waiting for character to load.