KnoXy (DayZ)

Diverse Helicopter Crash Loot

Just a few ideas for making Helicopter crashes a bit more interesting, a few more items to replaces boots and other items that can already be found in general military areas.

-Helicopter Pilot Gear

Image_20141224_DSCN0653_600w.JPG-Pilot's HelmetM11-A1-large.jpg-Pilot's Snag Free M-11 Pistol      21857L__99526.1438196159.500.500.jpg?c=2-Pilots Nomex Gloves

Perhaps magazines and other military equipment could be spawned inside vests and clothing at helicopter crash sites. Same could go for the Glock, M-11 as these are commonly preferred pilot's pistols. This slight spawning tweak would make the weapons that spawn from helicopter crashes, relevant and viable options. I currently see more and more people use the AK and SKS rifles because of the lack of ammunition and magazines for the 556 rifles, like the M-4 and the Aug.

We have a pilots helmet.... it doesn't have all the hardware that one has, but we have one.

Loot balancing will be done during beta.

We haven't played the SA yet, no one has.

.59 plays NOTHING like the way 1.0 will, so how you choose weapons will also change drastically.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU ALL TO DIE TO STUFF OTHER THAN EACH OTHER!

Cheers!

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Help me understand. Are you stating that nobody has played the SA (Stand Alone) because the Full-Game hasn't been released? Implying that 1.0 will be the "Full game"?

He means the state of the game right now,  is nowhere near the final state of it.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2016 at 10:44 AM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

We have a pilots helmet.... it doesn't have all the hardware that one has, but we have one.

Loot balancing will be done during beta.

.59 plays NOTHING like the way 1.0 will, so how you choose weapons will also change drastically.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU ALL TO DIE TO STUFF OTHER THAN EACH OTHER!

Cheers!

I still feel like the Russian pilot helmet is dated and has nothing to do with the US helicopter crashes.

I also wasn't implying this was the full game and I know things will change to make M4 rifles and Augustine rifles more relevant, but the developers don't have ways to make them relevant that are set in stone.

Using the community and it's input, the Devs are building a game. This is community input, just another suggestion that could spark interest.

What I am trying to say is this could be a very unique way to make the rare magazines for those rifles more accessible without dispersing the spawn locations or just raising the chance of spawning those magazines.

I just wanted feedback on the idea, not a philosophy on how different the game will be as opposed to how it is now.

Here's a more pointed response which still supports my earlier post.

Balance is for Beta....

Items spawning inside things is happening on many layers as well. World containers, infected, both confirmed.

How about infected around a heli?

We haven't seen that yet (though it was in the mod), but I imagine it might be a thing in the future. Maybe those infected will have a chance to drop higher tiered items....

All things considered (if you follow all things, of course) not a whole lot to discuss....

• Like 1

I was aware of items spawning inside containers like the oil drums, vehicles and wardrobes (soon to be expanded upon of course) but never heard any confirmation or discussion of items spawning in clothing.

I did not mean for this topic to sound like a balancing discussion.

I think live infected around crashes would be an excellent thing to bring back, it would make it a bit more difficult to loot the crashes and would draw attention if you tried to clear them out. The idea of infected carrying higher tier items near crashes is a unique way to bring some diverse looting so the game feels more interesting. These high tier infected could have their own models to highlight their significance among common infected (e.g. UN infected and US infected.)

I suppose it would be a bit more streamlined to have high value loot come straight from those infected, rather than from the vests and tactical gear scattered along the crash site. (The idea I was trying to get across.)

So.. what about pilots gear being around the crash site? A modern pilot helmet and a pilot's survival vest would be cool additions. I know the M11 is kind of the elephant in the room. Why should we implement another 9mm 15rd handgun when we have the Glock, CR-75, and the Red 9? The M-11 could be another high tier handgun, as desirable as the FNX. It could have lower recoil and higher accuracy because it's quite heavy with its all steel construction, and it's Sig's excellent track record.

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

I wouldn't care if infected around crashes had special models or not as long as they were of the military type in general.

That said, I would not be surprised to see an infected pilot model either.

Personally, I don't care how many guns we get as long as scarcity is properly implemented.

So sure, throw in the M-11, why not.

god stuff spawning in containers? THE DIVISION 2.0 CONFIRMED!!!