Advanced use of walkie talkies.

Who really uses the walkie talkies? Not many, however if these changes were implemented it could change the way they are used significantly. 

So first if a battery is in the walkie talkie and it is on when a player is killed the line will open up and can be heard by everyone in a short radius, but only when the player is dead or unconscious, this would allow for some interesting talks with other people if your friend is dead/taken hostage. If the walkie talkie is dropped on the ground it will stop transmitting unless the user actually scrolls over it and opens it up unless they apply duck tape making static, static would also be present from the dead player. This could be used as a distraction if thrown or something like that. Another idea would be to allow other users to hear walkie talkies on other players if they are super close to them, like if they have taken the person hostage and want to hear what their friend is telling them. All in all I think it could make some pretty interesting situations, like if you wanted to hold up a helicopter crash site but didnt want to kill people you could duct-tape the walkie-talkies speaker and sit it on the ground, when they get close enough you tell them to put their hands up or you will shoot. It would be pretty cool and would create some interesting new communication between players. 

I like the ideas, and I'm sure they were suggested before. Anyway, as far as I know they devs want to improve the communication with this item. later we will be able to use power generators to supply the radio towers and send messages to the people. I'm sure they are planning distraction features as you mentioned. It's just not ready now, so we have to wait.

13 hours ago, c4p said:

I like the ideas, and I'm sure they were suggested before. Anyway, as far as I know they devs want to improve the communication with this item. later we will be able to use power generators to supply the radio towers and send messages to the people. I'm sure they are planning distraction features as you mentioned. It's just not ready now, so we have to wait.

Yea I know its a long time coming since I also think they should be focusing on mechanical features overall, just an idea whilst it was in my head :P

I've been using radios lately from time to time, it's pretty interesting but currently there is a bug where it shows the name of the other player in the bottom left corner. Shouldn't really be the case I think. I've also had contact with strangers this way. I couldn't hear them talk but I saw their names popping up.

I have never tried playing with the radios before.

Is there a basic "common" channel that everyone uses? I'd hate to spend a ton of effort to use one, only to find out everyone is on the wrong channel.

Also what is the battery drain like on these things? Can I just leave it on all the time?