dietercl

Confirmation of Changes: Connecting failed.

Whenever I try to go on a DayZ server, it says Confirmation of Changes: Connecting failed. Can anyone help me? 

Things i have tried so far:

-reset router

-troubleshoot firewall

-verify game cache

-reinstall

nothing works. getting a bit desperate.

Hello, I too had this problem a few days ago.

I found out that my steam changed my dayz's "beta" status to experimental by itself, I dont know how it did this. I changed it back to stable and it worked again. Hope this is the same case for you.

<3

that weirdly was the case... can't believe i didn't notice it.

Thanks a million it worked

• Like 1

Question to both of you then: did the game's name have [Experimental] next to it on your game list? You said you were unaware of the status changing, so I'm curious if that indicator was there or not.

1 minute ago, Tatanko said:

Question to both of you then: did the game's name have [Experimental] next to it on your game list? You said you were unaware of the status changing, so I'm curious if that indicator was there or not.

I dont know because I have my steam games as "grid view" not as "list view" in steam.

Ok so I found out that the reason that it changes by itself is because I had the download priority on "High priority", so if experimental or stable gets new patch it downloads any new patch and changes the beta status by itself so its not steams fault :P

I have the same problem, even after confirming Steam is running stable branch and not experimental, it keeps failing to connect. I haven't played in months but I'm sure I have the proper update installed.