Sign in to follow this  
samydog12

Should I shoot?

Just my favorite image I've taken in dayZ, thought I'd share it

8c45191dc3657324ef51c311ddea620f.jpg

Saw these two guys walking through Kamenka military base, unaware that I as there

• Like 2

Cool - nice picture! This could be the start of a whole series of pictures labeled: "would you shoot?"

Maybe this way, we could get a better feel for what other people would do in that situation. My take:

+ this is how PvP should go: don't blindly sprint into enemies, observe and minimize your own risk.

+ are their guns even loaded? I don't see mags attached.

+ it's in a military zone. Makes sense to attack, unless you have everything you need.  

- these guys look decently geared, but not over the top. Seems like they are looking for ammo + pouches. Some dedication to outfit indicates decent knowledge of the game

- there are two of them

Results: I would attack them, but possibly from cover. I would probably sneak behind the hospital and wait for them to come out of the barracks. Frontal assault from your position would be an option, too. My experiences with military areas is that it is much harder to talk there than anywhere else. It's difficult to get into a position with oversight and direct talk will announce your presence to all players in the area. In the future, I want to try using a radio, leaving it in the barracks and trying to talk from a remote position, see who I get on the other end. 

P.S.: What rifle do you have in that picture? I haven't seen an M4 in ages. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Zyriun said:

Did you shoot?

It was a difficult decision but I decided not too, they allowed me to get a decent picture so I let them live :P

• Like 2

3 hours ago, S3V3N said:

P.S.: What rifle do you have in that picture? I haven't seen an M4 in ages. 

It's an M4, found it on a dead body a few days after the wipe, I was quite surprised as I haven't seen another one since :o

• Like 1

7 hours ago, samydog12 said:

It's an M4, found it on a dead body a few days after the wipe, I was quite surprised as I haven't seen another one since :o

Thats because most M4's now are hacked in, they dont spawn atm

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bamitscon said:

Thats because most M4's now are hacked in, they dont spawn atm

Ah I was curious as to why I haven't seen anyone with one :/

Just now, silverblade1233 said:

Damn, great picture! I think I'm gonna use this as a desktop pic :D

Thanks, glad you liked it