Sign in to follow this  
snipe

Issues I have found since returning

So I have been away from DayZ for quite some time and since MrBlackout started his new HC series it got me back into DayZ, so first off I guess some of these may have been reported but since the reporting tool is offline right now I thought I would just see who else has these issues and what solutions they used to resolve or workaround.

1.  I have a dual monitor setup and previously (.57 and .58 I think) I could alt+tab out and go back in after with no issues, but with current version if I alt+tab out or accidently click on 2nd screen it will goto windows but once I try and go back to game I get device error msg pop up and game crash, and one time it did this my friend said that my character fell over dead in game and sure enough I re-spawned. 

2.  The new UI looks nice but I noticed that in the menus for server selection the main box is rendered correctly but the text is HUGE and does not line up with the headers. Also when I spawned in my character showed he was naked and I was unable to pick up new clothes at all.  Once reloading old UI it showed I had my clothes on and some small items I picked up (which I thought glitched out with the other UI) 

its a WIP, expect loads of patches sometime down the road.

The new UI is horrible. So hopefully it becomes something good in the end. They know what we like, and they also know what we dont like about the UI. We where told it was a programmers view. The art team hasn't gotten into it. Last i heard.

I alt-tab out of the game ten-twenty times every day and occasionally the game will crash, maybe once in a fifty times. It has never killed me though so not sure what is going on there,

The new ui is just a placeholder right now and bound to change. Use the old ui instead, its much better in every regard.

Ya I went back to the old UI and no issues there, but every time I goto windows from ingame it crashes now.  I will have to screenshot the error next time.